Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

georgeinar - Dec 08 - Got No Soul
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, George you are such a trip ! A trip that cannot be ignored or denied. Awesome dude. You really stand out in a crowded room in a good way.

It's been a long time since I've heard your music. You've improved on every front. This piece is really put together very well. Keep it up !

Cheers,
Susan
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan, I must say it's been nice having you around and commenting. I do feel that from having participated in 2 OSAM groups, I have come a long way in experimentation and refining what I do. I'm so glad you got to check out this tune. I was so not sure of myself here and I just went for it with guns blazing. And I'm sort of getting over that I have no voice and just owning what I do have, which some people actually think sounds good. That's why these boards help so much. Especially for those of us who aren't totally sure about our experiments. It may be my weakness, but I do feel that each song I do should break new ground in one way or another, it's a mixed blessing as it's hard and it leaves me with somewhat of a too eclectic group of songs for each cd, yet how would I get where I'm going if it weren't for reinvention? Thanks again.

Ellll: fun?? FUN!! I actually didn't think this song would end up fun, but rather perplexing and more of a B side avant garde diversion. Yet folks are going for this one. It's hard to know what people will think of our tunes when we post them. I think most of us would give our eye teeth to switch spots and hear one of our own sounds with fresh ears as an outsider who is not totally intimate with every note and beat. But kind words such as yours are the next best thing. I really appreciate your encouragement, esp since this is not your genre. A bit of background, to add interest I resorted to rhythmic programs from Radias that included fat and distorted twists and turns and when that ended up dominating the mix I tried a different set of Radias rhythm sounds which I liked but then I noticed I still had those other Radias sounds, so I lowered their volume until they were just barely audible and so that's why there's all this strange movement in the background. The trick there is to keep the stuff very quiet so it's just there yet not the focus.
album cover
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George

This is really a great song - others have really said it all, but I will also say how much I love the way you sing - and the new way of singing that we hear here......you should let yourself rip all the time, you know....well, when you sing, that is.

Production-wise I'm all ears because everything is so clean and well placed and balanced to perfection.

And once again you are very creative with the percussion - there is so much humour here too.

Sorry I'm so late listening to this,

Regards from
Dee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: