Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Korg. Problem loading samples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: New to Korg. Problem loading samples Reply with quote

Can someone help. I got as far as loading samples onto my Triton Classic. After this I cant get anywhere. It shows when they are loading but I try to hit the sample button but it doesnt work. Do I have to do something else. My drive works because I installed the 2.5.3 OS last night and it was succesful. I got this Triton used and i am trying to get familiar. Confused
BruceL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you having problems loading samples, or playing them?
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Triton Reply with quote

I get as far as it shows that they load.
But don't know what to do with them.
The instructions say that after they are
loaded to push the sample button but
When I do that it doesn't respond. I loaded
some free samples from the net maybe
this is the problem.

Thanks
BruceL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so, we know that loading samples is not the problem...but,...

Depends greatly on what kind of samples!!!...are you saying that the Triton freeze-up after you load these samples and won't respond to command (mode switch) when you try to navigate away form disk mode?....also, not that it's a dumb question, but...doyou know if these samples are in Triton loadable formats, like, AIFF/WAV/AKAI (S1000/S3000) and of course KORG triton formats?

***Any other format just won't work if they are, the Triton may 'appear' to read them but that doesn't mean it will load them...and if indeed they are in other formats that can;t be read/load by the Triton they will without a doubt freeze your synth...let me know if that helps!
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Im trying to load is a sample that reads. Lord_001.kmp, Organ.ksc and organ.pcg. These are Triton files right? Is the pcg. for like the Triton studio. Embarassed
BruceL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all KORG format sample, multisample, and program files...they should have all loaded without a glitch...however, Im still having trouble understanding what it is that you want to do...give me a step-by-step of what you are doing so that I'll have an idea what's causing you to have that problem...also...

BruceL wrote:
Okay, so, we know that loading samples is not the problem...but,...

Depends greatly on what kind of samples!!!...are you saying that the Triton freeze-up after you load these samples and won't respond to command (mode switch) when you try to navigate away form disk mode?....also, not that it's a dumb question, but...doyou know if these samples are in Triton loadable formats, like, AIFF/WAV/AKAI (S1000/S3000) and of course KORG triton formats?

***Any other format just won't work if they are, the Triton may 'appear' to read them but that doesn't mean it will load them...and if indeed they are in other formats that can;t be read/load by the Triton they will without a doubt freeze your synth...let me know if that helps!
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got them to work now.. My confusion is coming from what to drag from my computer to my floppies. What I did was just drag every file to the floppie Kmp., ksc., and pcg. and it worked. So my question now is what to copy on my floppies or do I just drag the whole folder.

Thanks for your help Bruce.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: