Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perfect intergration into SX3, I was scared for no reason!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StudioMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Perfect intergration into SX3, I was scared for no reason! Reply with quote

My SX3 setup is linked with a FW1082 controller/interface,, very tempermental rig to say the least. This rig includes separate drives for operation & recording, UAD1 cards, multiple Midi riggings, just a nightmare.
Every time I've added to it, MAJOR problems would occur (Been almost two years since I've added to it, and it has recorded well over 100 songs, 1/2 of which for pay).
But as it's running correctly, my system really jams! I SWEAR by SX3!

Well, I first put the Editor on my notebook, worked like crap and even somehow added noise into the output of the M50 (It was the notebook). Then, I tried another computer I use as a backup to my backup,,, another whole set of problems (Both of these are older computers).

I have been paranoid of intergrating it into my studio rig. But today was the 1st day I had my M50 in the studio (I've been playing with it in my familyroom for weeks now). And I needed to do the update on the M50, did it without a glitch. Then I decided,,, F- it,,, I'm trying to get it going on my studio rig.

Well, it went on-line without a hitch! Tested, then tested some more, not a glitch.
Loaded up a song with WAY to many tracks in SX3, loaded up my UAD1 card, STILL not a problem. TOTALLY SOLID!
Turned off the rigs, rebooted Keys already USB-ed in, turn on M50 after the fact, tested every possibility of a reboot,, NOT A PROBLEM!!
So the intergration of my M50 into what I consider a GREAT recording rig is complete and PERFECT!!!

If your a freak about your recording rig like I am, DON'T worry, load it! It's TOTALLY WORTH what seems to be a HUGE GAMBLE!

I must say, I was SO impressed with my M50 without a computer editor, I wasn't that worried about it (My main reason for my M50 is live stuff anyways, no computers in our live rigs at this time).

OMG!!! The M50 is SO MUCH MORE with the editor, or better yet, as a VST instrument! It really still does the same things, but even easier (May not seem possible, but it's true)! And, in the maybe 1 hour I played with it, editing the Programs/Combis I learned SO MUCH MORE about the M50 because of the Editor.

Korg has got it going on! This M50 for around a $grand is a OUTSTANDING deal..
I've recorded maybe 300 M50 sounds today, I did nothing for the mixdown (Flat lined/raw)(Except for a few effects I wanted to hear recorded).
I'm listening now on my 3rd stereo system so far,,, INCREDIBLE! I even turned up the trim to 10, just to record line noise. Barely if any difference compared to a dead line recording or the M50 piped in.

I'm excited!!! This is going to be a BLAST working like this! And adding so much to not only my personal recordings, but to my voice over work also! Even the applause sounds good with late reverb..

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.. LOAD THE EDITOR onto a computer! It will be fine!!!
If you've ever read me on other Forums, you know how detailed I get in my testing and planning thereof...

I hope this helps someone!

Mike
KIZZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Perfect intergration into SX3, I was scared for no reaso Reply with quote

StudioMan wrote:

Korg has got it going on! This M50 for around a $grand is a OUTSTANDING deal..
I've recorded maybe 300 M50 sounds today, I did nothing for the mixdown (Flat lined/raw)(Except for a few effects I wanted to hear recorded).
I'm listening now on my 3rd stereo system so far,,, INCREDIBLE! I even turned up the trim to 10, just to record line noise. Barely if any difference compared to a dead line recording or the M50 piped in.

can u share some of them to us? Laughing
StudioMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kizz,

Sure! Let me put something more "together" than what I did.

All I did was hit record, had a loop running and started flipping thru programs and combis, just so I know what it would record like (1/2 hour of a VERY BORING tracks).
Without any EQing, compression (except a multiband on the mains), the M50 has a REALLY NICE quality sound to it.

To get a really good idea of the sound, just go check one out!

Give me a week... I'll put some real stuff up a myspace.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: