Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 + EXB_RADIAS board: sometimes doesn't see RADIAS board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aether

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: M3 + EXB_RADIAS board: sometimes doesn't see RADIAS board Reply with quote

Hi,

not sure if anybody had this issue: I have an M3 XPanded + 256MB RAM + RADIAS boards.

Now it sometimes boots without recognising the presence of RADIAS board, and only lists the memory extension - but then once it booted with the RADIAS, usually for N reboots it is fine.

It usually wakes up like this after it was powered off, so was very puzzled but no other consistent pattern.

The RADIAS board is clearly OK, and works perfectly, but M3 itself has this random refusal to realise its presence... Checked connections, everything fine...

It hasn't been shaken up, never left studio so... very stumped...

Any ideas very helpful, thank you.
janke

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: M3 + EXB_RADIAS board: sometimes doesn't see RADIAS boar Reply with quote

aether wrote:
Hi,

not sure if anybody had this issue: I have an M3 XPanded + 256MB RAM + RADIAS boards.

Now it sometimes boots without recognising the presence of RADIAS board, and only lists the memory extension - but then once it booted with the RADIAS, usually for N reboots it is fine.

It usually wakes up like this after it was powered off, so was very puzzled but no other consistent pattern.

The RADIAS board is clearly OK, and works perfectly, but M3 itself has this random refusal to realise its presence... Checked connections, everything fine...

It hasn't been shaken up, never left studio so... very stumped...

Any ideas very helpful, thank you.
i had thath problem before but after i chanse the display no problem anymore so maby its a connectionproblem...
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem so you’re not alone. I have also checked everything and have no idea what causes this.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had this problem once in, gosh, I dunno how long I've owned my M3... er... Almost nine years, I think.

When it happened probably 7 years ago, I opened up the main module's accessory panel and removed the EXB-Radias completely, then carefully reinstalled it. And I've not had a problem since. I don't know what caused it either, but my guess was something about the ribbon cable connecting it to the main board wasn't quite right. I seem to recall it being somewhat of a pain to put the accessory panel back on without tweaking or pinching the ribbon cable, which is very short.

But anwyay... I don't know why it happened, but after reinstalling it, it has not happened again.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So like a week after I posted my comment, my M3 didn't recognize my EXB-Radias. Jinxed. LOL. It's happened a few more times since.

But I have a question: Do any of you have your M3 connected to a computer via the USB port when booting the M3?

I ask because this is really the only change I made to my setup. I noticed during the boot process that my PC recognizes the M3 just as the screen should display the EXB options on the screen. So I'm wondering if this connection to the PC could be the issue -- something driver related or I dunno, some weird glitch. I don't know if it is, but I've since disconnected the USB cable when I boot the M3 and I haven't had a failure to recognize the Radias board since. But of course it could just be random...
allisternz

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd add my recent experience. I've owned my M3-73 for 12 years and recently replaced the screen (again!). Now I am getting occasional non recognition of the Radias board on start up. It recognises the memory expansion but not Radias. After 2 or 3 attempts at restarting it seems fine again. It could well be a ribbon issue as its quite hard to reconnect due to its short length.
icecoldrocker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject: yep Reply with quote

so there i was listening to some song i carried over from all the way back from my mighty trinity days walking around with earbuds on with a smirk on my face when i thought oh gee this is when i was on the M3. NOW YOU THOUGH I JUST BOUGHT THE NAUTILUS LAST YEAR so back to the house derrrr uhm travel trailer i went powered up this mighty M3 and i had forgotten that the M3 likes to misbehave hold on this is not the… ah that’s it turn it off & turn it back on

this time the synth dropped the RADIAS sound[board] after detecting it NOW THATS THE FIRST TIME I’VE KNOWN IT TO DO THAT NOT TO MENTION THE M3 CRASHING while starting up
Korg Trinity Pro 🚀 🙂
Korg Triton Extreme 😮
Korg M3 🤔
Korg Nautilus 👑
Korg Gadget ❤️
Cubase Pro 🚀
Reason 11❤️🇸🇪
Logic Pro 💟
..::RAYGUN::..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:37 pm    Post subject: EXB-Radias problem fix that works ... Reply with quote

allisternz wrote:
Just thought I'd add my recent experience. I've owned my M3-73 for 12 years and recently replaced the screen (again!). Now I am getting occasional non recognition of the Radias board on start up. It recognises the memory expansion but not Radias. After 2 or 3 attempts at restarting it seems fine again. It could well be a ribbon issue as its quite hard to reconnect due to its short length.

Thought I'd share this with you. I had numerous problems with my EXB-Radias card. Apparently the capacitors eventually fail and cannot hold a full charge and they will eventually have to be replaced. Ohm on the karma-lab website found the solution ... https://forums.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22047. I had the capacitors replaced recently and now my EXB-Radias card works perfectly without problems.

This was my post in reply to ohm ....

Quote:
Thank you so much ohm for sharing the information about how you repaired your EXB-Radias card. I had all the problems with periodic recognition while loading and freezing with a high pitch ringing. I almost gave up out of frustration and was going to trash it. And then I found your wonderful post. I made a printout of the dead capacitors you replaced and gave it to the tech guy at our local guitar shop with my dead card and they sent it out to someone who replaced them and it now works like new. Cost me $170 Cdn but it is well worth the expense. Finally a solution that works .... thanks again.

icecoldrocker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject: Radias Reply with quote

if this were to be a massive starship cruiser destroyer the Radias Attack Platform does not fire leaving the starship vulnerable

looks as though the Radias board in my M3 refuses to behave. when i play any notes 🎶 the sound from / for that program-patch the sound stops. i have unplugged it from the port it is connected to and plugged it back in which gave a PCM Test Error on loading up so unplugged and plugged back in. After doing this i had to turn off & on four or five times before it passed the installation verification test. this did not solve because now it does what i mentioned above. Sad
Korg Trinity Pro 🚀 🙂
Korg Triton Extreme 😮
Korg M3 🤔
Korg Nautilus 👑
Korg Gadget ❤️
Cubase Pro 🚀
Reason 11❤️🇸🇪
Logic Pro 💟
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: