Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Switching sounds quickly?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satori

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Switching sounds quickly? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I've been using the sweet Trinity for some years but only recently I joined a progressive band and I have a hard time switching sounds quickly. As I've read in another thread here, a pedal can only help me to switch sounds "up" or "down", not in both ways. Is there another way/accessory which can facilitate the switching?

Thank you
Bonida

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Switching sounds Reply with quote

Hi there -

I just got my Trinity and was very interested in your question, because of the same dilemma! I found to key in the sound's number and hit 'enter' to the side of the number pad - it tends to be faster than using the touch screen and if you have large fingers, this can be a bit of a challenge. Still looking at making controls available via computer! Get back to you soon.

Would you know where I can view an overall list of all the bank sounds for Trinity?
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best way i think is to create a .PGC file where the program/combi you use are near one another (e.g. A000 - sound1, A001 - sound2 and so on) an then use a control footswitch to change program.
Bonida

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - Very Good, you are saying apply these patches to a separate 'disc' file? Not sure where you are creating the PCG file - Is this from within another bank? Please eleborate?
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm i don't know if a editor exist for the Trinity...

you shoul do as follow:

back up your current PCG
select the first program you prefer and copy it to a new location, e.g. B000
select the second program you prefer and copy it to a new location near the previuos one, e.g. B001 and so on

in this way unfortunately you overwrite some program but if there is not any editor it's the only way to change location (or you delete only one program and use it as temporary slot for moving sounds)
Satori

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A custom .PCG creation can facilitate it but it's still a problem. It will only help if you you play maybe one song. When you have to switch to a sound and then switch back it makes no difference. Same thing goes when you have to perform live a lot of songs.

The best way way I've come up with is to create a different user category for each song. Before each one I open up the category window and pin it. Then all you have to do is you your finger quickly on the screen. Not perfect but it's as good as it gets.

My only problem with this is that sometimes I need a specific instrument in more than one category and as far as I know that's not possible (is it?). So I have to copy/paste the instrument multiple times over other instruments which are useless to me.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'd do is load up a Song file with 2 (or more) different channels of sounds all set up. Then it'd just be a case of selecting the next channel and continuing to play.

This way you'd also have the continuing reverb/delay effects as you transition between channels. It wont be abrupt.
lukos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Changing sounds Reply with quote

Easiest to buy a midi pedal board and get it to send bank and program change messages. Most pedals are probably already setup to do this correctly since it is standard and you can then hit the pedal to do it. The only problem is that you need to send a System Exclusive message to change from prog to combi and back otherwise your sound change will choose the patch in prog when you want the combi one and vice-versa. I don't like that but there you go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: