Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using the sequencer live

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jugo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: using the sequencer live Reply with quote

Ok, so here's the situation, I want to know if I'm gonna be able to pul l this off with the M50.
I'm in a band right now that before I joined them, they were using a laptop and programmed drums and keyboards for playing live (since there was no drummer or keyboard player). So now since I am the new keyboard player I need to be able tu pull off all the keyboard parts that were programmed, and the thing is that it's impossible since there are a lot of keyboard tracks playing at the same time. So what I was thinking is it possible to program the sequencer to play some keyboard parts while I play the others live ? And if it is possible how would it be possible to play the sequence so it would be in sync with the drums ? (witch are still programmed, and played by a computer)
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in Seq mode you can playback up to 16 tracks and in the meanwhile you can select one of the track and play it in real time. i mean, if you want to playback but e.g. the piano, one track in seq mode shall be associated to piano, and keeping this track selected you can play the piano sound while playing back the others.

regarding sync, M50 can sync to any external MIDI clock for sure over MIDI and maybe over USB but i am not sure of this, just connect your daw to M50, in M50 select in Global Setting to use an external clock and in your DAW select to send out clock and song start/stop. in this way you press start on pc and also the M50 sequencer will starts.

keeps in mind that: you can playback only midi file (not mp3/wav...), playback is allowed only in Sequencer Mode (and you cannot change Mode while playback is running), if in the future you will have a real drummer, with the M50 could be difficult to send out a audio click...
StudioMan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A click for live is NOT really a problem. Just send the click to one channel (I personally am using Right), and running the Left as the main. I just pan everything to the Left, and the click to the right.
At practice it's working fine, as we have NOT yet used any M50 sequencing live yet (I've played the M50 live, but not sequenced).

Kimu is correct on the playback issue. That is certainly not an issue in any way, just keep it under 16 tracks and you will be good to go!

Have fun! Try my little click track trick! It seems to work perfectly.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: