Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie needs some help with O3R/W vs Sonar Home Studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbach

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Newbie needs some help with O3R/W vs Sonar Home Studio Reply with quote

I was a very active MIDI arranger/composer until 3 years ago when we resurfaced our floors. Had to dismantle my entire MIDI studio. For some reason, I never hooked it back up. After a long distance move to Oregon last year, I finally have an overwhelming desire to get back to MIDI.

New computer, two old sound modules (SC55 and Korg O3R/W)one new sound module and current Sonar Home Studio software, I'm about ready to go. It has taken close to a week to get everything installed and working with MIDI software.

Now to the problem. I can access both the SC55 and my new sound module (which has a lot of additional banks - all accessible in Sonar . . . I was amazed!) Having a problem with my Korg O3R/W - I installed the instrument definitions, but it only allows me to access the BankA sounds and BankG(gm)sounds. I have a XSC-802 Orchestral card with some incredible strings that I used a lot when I was into MIDI a few years back. Somehow, I was able to select these patches on my old Cakewalk software, but I don't remember how I did it. Does anyone know how to access my XSC-802 card through Sonar Software?

Tahnks for your help -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: