Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to create a sound list from the combi/prog select(M50)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hcc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: how to create a sound list from the combi/prog select(M50)? Reply with quote

Confused i've graduated, so to speak, from a korg N5 to M50. yes, i'm very happy with the sound. awesome! but i'm still lost at finding a 'place' as to where to create my own list of sounds from either the combi/prog select to be used while playing. from the N5 system, one can choose and 'store' each selected sound onto a single page and N5's capacity is 16 in total. by doing so, i can pick whichever pre-selected sound by simply paging up or down. that's what i am looking for because, i'm not into recording or creating my own song yet. please help!
StudioMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just save your combis & Programs to open banks.. VERY simple!

All of bank D in combis is open.

Bank E in Program after 096 are open. But you can save over ANY program.

Also you can save over ALL the programs.

I hope this helps you!

Mike
hcc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: m50 Reply with quote

StudioMan wrote:
Just save your combis & Programs to open banks.. VERY simple!

All of bank D in combis is open.

Bank E in Program after 096 are open. But you can save over ANY program.

Also you can save over ALL the programs.

I hope this helps you!

Mike

hi, mike! i think i need step by step instruction as to how to write and save. i tried to write or copy through the drop down dialogue box into the combi bankD and whatever i wrote, stayed. except when i went to play, the audio part was missing. please tell me what i did wrong. reading over the manual didn't offer any more help either. i need a dummy-proof method. thanks. Smile

is there anywhere that i can get training on using the m50 so i can use it efficiently?
StudioMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just "Save (Combi/Program), choose a name(As it name it yourself), choose a save location (as said above). Hit save, then hit "yes" to confirm the save..

Not much to it really.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huDSADYTWe8

It will be setup EXACTLY how you save it. If you have something muted/whatever, saves that too.

Try just taking a Combi & a Program and save it to a location with a name that you give it..

Other than that, you need to read the manual.. This is the most basic of the basics. Wait till you get into the envolopes!!! LOL

Mike
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: m50 Reply with quote

hcc wrote:
is there anywhere that i can get training on using the m50 so i can use it efficiently?

Just read the manual a few times, side by side with your keyboard. That's how I learned the M3.

Sounds Good
StudioMan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, right after you get the M50 basics, best to start learning detailed synth theories, then dig into the M50 deeper..

Synths are amazing just how deep you can get..

But on the other hand, the M50 is PERFECT for someone who just wants to play, mixing programs together into combi's,,, just having fun! That can be learned within a couple of days even by the worst reader.

Mike
Cutter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some of the same basic questions. On my N364 I can stack programs on top of preset comi with a button not to change the combi but to add to it.. Can it be done on the M50? How?
StudioMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter wrote:
I have some of the same basic questions. On my N364 I can stack programs on top of preset comi with a button not to change the combi but to add to it.. Can it be done on the M50? How?

Yes, and no (but a good no). You can easily "add to" a combi, or a program for that matter, and save it where ever.
Save where ever once you fill up the blank bank. Save to the SD card (which you should do regularly anyways).
If you need a factory bank, you can either bring it from a SD card, or worst case, do a save, then recall the factory settings..

What I want to do (Which I haven't yet) is rename all the position (Combis & Programs) to "Blank", then condense and move them around to make room for my stuff..
But since I only have like 20 combis I MUST HAVE", and even fewer programs, not really an issue for me yet and it allows me more programs& combis to look at how they set them up (I'm trying to learn the real workings of how & why a synth works and nice setups[If you know what I mean]).

Mike
Cutter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply this issue and the use of a drum machine is important to me and deciding to get the m50 or something else.
runeharpun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter wrote:

Are you talking about layering an extra sound, on top of the current sound by pressing a button? If so, then it can be done. On my setup I've assigned one of my foot pedals (can be a button too) to enable an extra solo sound on top of my current sound. This will give me an extra volume boost duing my solos. It's also possible to set it up to switch sounds. For example switch your right hand spilt zone so it plays a solo guitar sound instead of organ.

R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: