Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X50 or M50 for Hammond / Rhodes sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voodoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Korg X50 or M50 for Hammond / Rhodes sounds Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have an X50 which I use in my band I liked the X50 because it was so portable, the sounds were useable, although never quite bang on the nail.
Is the M50 any better than the X50 ?
FifthElement

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPs and organs are 2 of the sounds that the M50 has really got right (I haven't bought a Korg since the original M1 all those years ago until the M50). I mostly play pianos, EPs and B3 type sounds in my blues band, which is why I have an Electro2 (for EPs and Hammond). I've been a Roland guy for quite a few years but the classic keys sounds on the M50 won me over.

Don't think I will need the Electro at gigs in future as the M50 sounds are so realistic - and there are so many of them.

Korg recently released free Pro classic keys patches which include some of the best Rhodes and Wurlies I've ever heard. The phaser, tremelo, overdrive effects used in the patches really add to the authenticity.

Also recently downloaded some user made M3 patches from the Karma site and there are some rock and blues organs there that are superb, along with pianos, eps and amazing overdriven guitars.

Korg don't seem to use a rotary sim on the organs but the modulation effects are so good the emulation of the fast/slow Leslie effect is very effective. Organs are great to play - even using the weighted 88 keybed!

Give the M50 a listen. If you liked the X50, you'll love the M50!

Fender Strat Plus Deluxe, Ibanez MESA, Line6 Variax, Line6 POD 2.0
StudioMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg X50 or M50 for Hammond / Rhodes sounds Reply with quote

voodoo wrote:
Hi All,

I have an X50 which I use in my band I liked the X50 because it was so portable, the sounds were useable, although never quite bang on the nail.
Is the M50 any better than the X50 ?

I'd agree with FifthElement!

I would add that the Korg Synth's are IMO the best available. To me, this is where Korg really shines as the leader.

Ease of use is another VERY important fact about the M50.

Best thing, go play with one.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: