Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to find tutorials? For a newbee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NumanFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Where to find tutorials? For a newbee Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am big late 70s/early 80s synth pop fan, Numan, JM Jarre, Ultravox, Human League etc etc. Oh and maybe bizzarely, maybe not, modern thumpy, thumpy electro dance.

Back then I had a Moog Prodigy for a while (monophonic) and played a little piano.

Anyway, life took over and music fell into the background.

I work in IT. So at first I bought a USB Keyboard and a "cheap" copy of cubase with some tutorials. I loved the sounds I could create and it kicked of my creativity but was frustrated how long it took to connect everything up and switch between setups. I also dug out an old midi keyboard so could play both at the same time.

So I bought a M50 and signed up for piano lessons. Fantastic. Amazing, sounds and flexibility.

So here is the however, the M50 appears quite a beast to learn... I was wondering if there were any good tutorials or places you could point me.

I specifically would like to learn:-

-how to import multiple MIDI parts, to the keyboard so I can play some of the parts along with the MIDI parts. I already have the midi file (for example for Ultravox Vienna)

-how (if at all possible) to connect either my older MIDI keyboard or the usb keyboard (possibly via the laptop) and play M50 sounds on both the M50 keyboard and different M50 sounds controlled from the MIDI keyboard.

I am sure there are more basic things I need to learn but these are my two burning issues.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: