Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 and midi guitar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Run

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: M50 and midi guitar Reply with quote

Hi, I own a midi guitar that can directly transmit data to any keyboard or module. It can transmit using the six strings on omni or on six different channels (one channel for each string)and also programs change. I would like to know if I can activate the M50 arpeggiator patterns with it.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question..

Which Midi guitar do you have? Can it send CC info.?

Best thing, just try it, assuming it can send CC info.

Mike
Run

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: re. Midi guitar Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for helping. The guitar is a mg510 Casio.

http://www.njaz.com/guitars/casio.htm
StudioMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's a cool axe. I've been trying to buy one for years (I own almost 40 guitars & basses).

I had a chance to own one back in the early 90s' for next to nothing, in flawless condition.. Once of my bigger regrets not buying it.

I do remember you don't have as much midi flexiblity on a (that) midi guitar.

As far as using the arp. on the M50, GREAT QUESTION!!! I HIGHLY suggest you run out immediately and get yourself an M50, with a couple midi cables (in case one breaks) and let me know how it works for you..

Actually, I'm considering that new bass synth/midi thing by Roland (something 99 I believe is the model) (I'm a real gaget freak).

You might be onto something.. Go get an M50 and try the rig out with that midi axe.. The people on this board are mostly "Real keys people". I seriously doubt anyone here has a midi guitar to test with any keyboard..

Best of luck. Let me know how you make out with this deal... GREAT idea your onto... I thought if it myself too(but on my bass)...

Mike
Run

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already ordered a Korg M50 today (updated) but I learned that all the M50 61 are made in China...now just hope that Korg manage to get the same quality as if it were made in Japan. As soon as I'll get it I'll try to drive it with the guitar I'm talking about.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run,
PLEASE keep us posted! I'm VERY interested in how it will work.

I have the M50-61. I truly think it's made well for what it is(but only the test of time will really tell the story).

If it doesn't work out, I'll buy the MG510 from you!! Laughing

Mike
Run

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received it tonight and the tracking with the guitar is by far the best I've experience. The M50 arp, seq, and many other parameters respond very well to this old guitar synth...I imagine the possibilities with today's instruments !!!
What surprise me the most is how a lot of programs and comb sound a lot better when played on the guitar than the keyboard !!!
...now got to make an OS update and learn by the book.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run,

COOL! Welcome to the board! Looks like you'll be the "Go to" guy for midi guitars with the M50! (lol)

I think the best thing is print the Parameter Guide right away! Read the whole thing thru real quick once, then go back thru with the M50 (I wish I had done it like that).

Oh, FYI,,, It's impossible for ANY controller (Guitar or Keys) to make a sound source sound better or worse, has nothing to do with the sound itself. Unless it's a creation issue (maybe you just play guitar better than keys)?

Have fun & work hard to learn not only the M50, but synth theories in general!

Mike
Run

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, it's true that I'm more a guitarist than a keyboard player and the sound note by note is the same quality when played on the keyboard or on the guitar...but the big difference is mostly with strummed instruments. I think that strumming on six strings does this because it is played like the real thing. I'm a kind of newbee with this (to me) new technology because the syhths (1) I had in the past were a lot simpler but a lot less productive...so I'll read the user manual and try to control the "beast" lol.

(1) Roland Juno6-Roland JX3P-Roland JX8P-Korg Poly 800- Casio CZ5000-Korg M1-Yamaha TG33-Kurzweil ME-1
I'm still using the TG33 and the ME-1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: