Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Somebody help me do this (if it's possible)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jugo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Somebody help me do this (if it's possible) Reply with quote

Ok, so here's the prob, I have a synth sound on cubase and I want to recreate it on my m50 (or atleast try to do something similar) the thing is, I'm not that good with programming.. so I need someone's help..

http://fs09n4.sendspace.com/dl/50d316811fc7f634e222798469de9e98/497f81a4229baa0c/1601u6/hjghjgj.wav

this is just some random stuff that I played, so you can know how it should sound.. is it possible to make on the m50 ?

this is what the program looks like on cubase - http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6199/synthoi5.jpg

hope somebody can help..
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know, i think it would come nowhere near this, this is Albino and it has
pretty complex Synthezis, the M50 is a Rompler, i dont think you can even
achieve 10% of what it sounds like on the Albino.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you setup a program on the M50 just like on the Albino?
Is it anywhere close?

Basari Seems to know what he's talking about.. But I still wouldn't let that stop you from trying..

For live, just get it close enough.. It's fine... (LOL)

Work on it, let us know how you make out with it.

Mike
Jugo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Evil laugh* I managed to do something that sounds almost the same, so.. no more help needed ;]
Jugo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw.. then, what synth would be able to do these kind of sounds ?
StudioMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't play the sounds, I have no idea what it even is... So far, there is NOTHING I can't get something almost close to,, and I don't know synth theories very well..

Personally, I don't think there is anything you can't do live cover material on the M50,, and be close enough..

Mike
Jugo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, since I didn't want to create a new topic, here it is, how do I create this souns? (I think this one sould be possible with the m50)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=WnBUa3NVNkdRR2RFQlE9PQ

Last edited by Jugo on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
StudioMan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jugo,

Post it in an MP3 file. .wav take to long to get.. I tried to listen, but I can't spend 5+mins. getting the file,,, and most will not spend the time either..

Just my opinion..

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Mike
Jugo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok this should be better

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=WnBUa3NVNkdRR2RFQlE9PQ
StudioMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick out a synth sound that YOU think is close, run thru a filter for the high run-off, with a doubling echo, long envolope.
Add an organ for the secondary on a slower envolope.

Tweak from there..

Hope this helps.

Mike
Jugo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm.. could you write that in a more understandable language? ^^'' like, where to go and what exactly to do.. cuz I'm a noob
Jugo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c'mon! anyone?!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with a Saw wave. Set a filter to low pass filter mode. Set an envelope to move the centerpoint of the filter from low to high. Add a lot of resonance to the filter. Set an LFO to move the filter centerpoint up and down about 6 times a second, but just a little bit.

Don't know how to do that?

First: use this http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=subtractive+synthesis

Then go http://korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=413 to download the owner's manual and editor software. The editor software will make it much easier to program the M50. But you still got to learn basic synthesis to figure out the meaning of what I said above. And no, I'm not going to explain it in any more detail. You'll only learn how it works by trying hard. If you don't try hard, you'll never be able to reproduce a sound like that one. But once you learn how to do it, you'll be able to use what you learned for a very long time.
Jugo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
Set an envelope to move the centerpoint of the filter from low to high. Add a lot of resonance to the filter. Set an LFO to move the filter centerpoint up and down about 6 times a second, but just a little bit.

Ok... I got everything untill this part.. I guess nobody will explain this further to me.. I'm gonna try to check out what you told me
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wants to explain it further for two reasons: it doesn't help you improve as a musician, and there are already good explanations.

Disclaimer: The following has to do with the way people ask questions *in general*; very little of it is related to your specific post, so don't take it personally.

If you're asking a question like "On what page on the keyboard do I find the setting for X", people will be more likely to give you the answer (although, a question like that shows that you haven't bothered to open the manual and find the answer yourself; it's better to say "I looked for X in the manual and on google and couldn't find it, can someone fill me in").

Asking for someone to walk you through the creation of a sound, step by step, means one of a few things. Either you don't know how sounds are created in general (otherwise you could just do it yourself, or at least say, "I'm trying to copy sound X and I have done Y but it's not quite right, what am I missing"). Or, you understand well and can't be bothered to figure it out (in which case, why should anyone else do your work for you?). Or, you're impatient and need the sound right away (but why is *your* rush *my* problem?)

In your specific case, people are reluctant to say, "On these pages, set these parameters to these values" because all that does is give you one specific sound with no knowledge of what you've accomplished and *why* you've set those parameters in a certain way. This means that the next time you need a custom sound, you're going to come back and ask again, because despite already having done one, you won't have learned anything other than how to follow instructions. If you take a bit of time to read up on subtractive synthesis and read the program section of the M50 owner's manual and parameter guide which describe how the M50 works and how it's different from a "standard" analog subtractive synth, then everything people have said here should make sense, and even though you may not yet be at the level to say, "To make this sound, I need to do this in this particular way", you'll at least conceptually understand what you're doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: