Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 sends out midi 1 octave below - how to fix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poptakt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: M50 sends out midi 1 octave below - how to fix Reply with quote

When I use the midi out to control modules, synths, the notes generated are an octave below - so when I hit the C4-key on the M50 the external module plays C3.
How can I fix this?
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the pitch of the timbre you're sending MIDI on to +12.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if that doesn't work, go to GLOBAL mode on the M50 and set the transposer to +12

Regards.
Sharp.
poptakt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kanthos wrote:
Change the pitch of the timbre you're sending MIDI on to +12.

Sharp wrote:
Or if that doesn't work, go to GLOBAL mode on the M50 and set the transposer to +12

Regards.
Sharp.

Either way it also affects the timbre on the M50... I want to be able to play the piano on the M50 at a normal key position and layer it with an external module playing the same notes C4=C4 and so on. It seems as if the M50 sends out midi notes an octave below standard??!!
If this is true I need an option to transpose the midi output ONLY...
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or could you transpose the note on the external midi device?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poptakt wrote:
Either way it also affects the timbre on the M50... I want to be able to play the piano on the M50 at a normal key position and layer it with an external module playing the same notes C4=C4 and so on. It seems as if the M50 sends out midi notes an octave below standard??!!
If this is true I need an option to transpose the midi output ONLY...

Global transposition affects the M50 as well, transposition of a timbre does not, unless your timbre is set up incorrectly. By that, I mean that if you have a timbre of type INT (Internal, meaning that any note on that timbre is played by the M50's sound generator), then the transposition will of course affect the M50; if the timbre is of type EXT or EX2 (External, used to control another MIDI device only; the M50's sound generator won't sound; use EX2 if you need to send a specific bank change to the external MIDI device; otherwise, use EXT), then transposition will work the way you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: