Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poly AT needed on the new synths with more complex sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hendry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Poly AT needed on the new synths with more complex sounds Reply with quote

After playing with the M50 it is obvious we absolutely need poly AT on the more complex sounds of the newer sounds found on the OASYS, M3, M50, etc. and Korg is heading us in the wrong direction to get around this now selling non-AT boards. In 1990 this would be a sin and NO ONE would buy one after using AT on more natural simple sounds of the past. If you ever play a poly after touch board with poly source you will see what I am saying here and never want to go back to channel AT if you play with two hands and they have 4 or 5 fingers. Gezzz. Next OASYS must have poly AT or Korg is way too hard headed so will complain about this “no AT” thing being laid on us by Yam, Roland, and now Korg as well to get around the more complex sounds being used that go nuts and most sound like *rap IMO using channel after touch and two hands.

I still play an M1 but need two M1s split to get needed poly and cool thing is it gives me two channels of after touch, right and left hands separated instantly, and I can split the keyboards more on different midi channels to get poly after touch...almost, but way better than full channel AT that is usually way too much on the complex new sounds.

The need for poly AT goes for all new synths...not just the OASYS where I orig posted this lost in the 22 + pages of wish list needs.

John^^
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why there is the M3...it says nicely, a downgraded version, thats why cheaper.
John Hendry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Not just less money, Poly After Touch is not available Reply with quote

I am talking about Poly, not Channel after touch here, and there is a huge difference. I like the price and especially the size and weight of the M50 as I don’t use the keys on top board on rack like a lot of people and think Korg got this just right for most needs on both ends of experence. However in regards to Poly AT, it is not available even on the OASYS or any other keyboard now made to my knowledge. I used to get in a lot of trouble talking about this feature going away like I was being too tech or something.... now people can only access Poly AT through sequencing, like watching sex. The M50 receives Poly AT though and I hooked it up to a 1990's Elka MK76 last night that transmits it and that experience told me to get on the Poly AT band wagon if I want to keep going in the right direction where I want to end up. It is amazing to have it. The more complex sounds now used absolutely require it IMO and this opens up new realms, and even the simple sounds give much better control of the mass flow with it. Ya gota have it in other words and I will loan my Elka 76 to any upstanding forum member to prove a point here. Once you try it…you will demand it if you are not a piano player….but they too would want PAT over CHAT.

John^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: