Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Effect bug in M50?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JensM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Effect bug in M50? Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

maybe someone can explain why the M50 behaves in the following way: (maybe it's clear and I just misunderstood something...)

1. I switch it on on go to PROGRAM
2. I select (as an example) program A77 (Clav keyoff 1 SW 1)
3. Page select -> P8: IFX
4. Chose IFX setup at the bottom
OK - the IFXs seem to be active, or? but when I now select another effect for IFX 1 (just switch from 160 to 161), and then go back to 160, it now sounds differently. It has less volume, and if I now disable IFX 1 (uncheck it), then it ssounds as at the beginning.
The same with IFX 3: just shortly select another than 034, and then go back to 034: It now sounds as if it it only now activated.

Is this what is supposed to happen? Or maybe only my M50 (66 with operating system version 1.1.0) shows this behavior?

Any hint to understand this behavior is appreciated... Confused

Regards,
Jens
JensM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmh, no reply yet.
I wonder why the Korg sound designers give all programs various effects, if many of them do not sound out of the box.

Another example: programm A 39: direct e-piano 1. If I go to page 8 (IFX), open IFX setup and then disable and enable the first effect (stereo phaser), NOTHING happens. It just sounds equally.

When I now select another effect for IFX 1, play some notes, and then select 034 again, THEN the stereo phaser sounds. And it sounds much better. And now I can disable and enable it. But never out of the box. i cannot believe that this is as it should be...

Bug or feature? Does your M50 show the same behavior?
And how are those programs supposed to sound "out of the box"? With or without the effect?

Regards,
Jens
Synastikki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be that the effect that you are dealing with (for example the phaser on the second example) isn't sounding in the patch, but is controllable with a switch or knob for example knob 4 or something (don't have the M50 so I can't check this) and the effect is on all the time but Dry/wet - ratio is set to dry. When you tweak the knob 4 it will make the effect more wet and then it will affect to the sound.

For this thing when you change effect in the way that you go first with the phaser, then change to some else effect and then back to the phaser. This happens because first the phaser works in a way that it is saved in that program of combi that you are using, then when you change the effect and go back to the phaser, it actually changes the Phasers parametres and that's why you can hear the effect.

You should always check the IFX-pages for the realtime-controls and tweak those controls also because it really affects the sound (normally in very nice way) and brings new things to sounds.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, watch your routing, that can also play a part in weirdness (actually, it's doing what it's suppose to do, but appears to be acting weird).

Mike
JensM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, A39 has indeed run time controls that effect the stereo phaser effect. This explains a lot.
Thanks!
I ordered a copy of the reference manual at an Internet copy shop... Enough to read for weeks Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: