Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 bug discovered last night

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: M50 bug discovered last night Reply with quote

While trying the M50, I had a strange thing happen 3 times in an hour.

The patch changed on me automatically while playing. I had gotten to the patch I was playing with the wheel. After a couple minutes of pretty hard playing, the next piano patch came up (as if someone had moved the wheel one click).

Could I have been playing hard enough to make the wheel move?

Weird....

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple troubleshooting job...

Use the same patches but switch between them using the arrows and try and play the same music as earlier. If it doesn't happen, the wheel electronics somehow triggered the patch change. If it happens again, something isn't right obviously.

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
StudioMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet that's not the problem...

If he's not real familiar with the M50 or M3, as your browsing sounds (particularly in combi mode), if you take ANY control action, it will automatically revert... WHich is what I'm guessing happened.
I remember when I first got mine, it would do it all the time. But it wasn't the M50 doing something wrong, it was the M50 doing what it's suppose to..

Just a guess!

Mike
akmon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ve had a little bug yestarday.

I was playing the chord triggers of the D36 program (very nice, by the way). I was hitting them quickly, and when I removed my fingers, one of the notes (not the whole chord) remained playing without sttoping. At least, this problem could be solved changing from one mode to another. No need to turn off and then on. There has to be a little bug with an internal "key off" routine.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StudioMan wrote:
I'll bet that's not the problem...

If he's not real familiar with the M50 or M3, as your browsing sounds (particularly in combi mode), if you take ANY control action, it will automatically revert... WHich is what I'm guessing happened.
I remember when I first got mine, it would do it all the time. But it wasn't the M50 doing something wrong, it was the M50 doing what it's suppose to..

Just a guess!

Mike

sounds like the case. I don't know the M3 or M50 very well. BUT, I was playing it like I would in a live situation. How do I avoid that?

Despite the M50's cheaper DAC's, I'm still getting one instead of the M3. I'm pretty sure with tweaking it will sound fine going through the PA. As soon as the M3-73 hits, I should have mine (and the more I learn before it arrives the faster I can leave the Triton Pro at home).

thanks!

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to be an occasional (but rare) issue with Korg workstations.

I have owned a Triton for over 8 years and this same problem has happened maybe a dozen times during those years. Also, my M3 made a "phantom combi change" once last year. I've contacted Korg tech support and they assured me it was not a common problem; perhaps the wheel clicking just enough in one direction or another, causing the program or combi change.

Of course it's no fun when it happens live. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: