Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nanoKEY and cubase sx3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jirsty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: nanoKEY and cubase sx3 Reply with quote

so i got my nanokey today and it seems to be working great.
using M1 le workstation is working just how it should and im satisfied with this tiny keyboard.

but,
when i try using it with cubase, thats another story
trying to use it with the virtual instruments it wont make any sound.
the program is picking up the device though and it has an orange indication bar thing that reacts when i press any buttons on it.

i have tried several things and i just cant get this to work,
and now im getting frustrated.

has anyone else used the nanos with cubase?

thanks!
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cubase is properly receiving MIDI (try recording a MIDI track from the nanoKey and see if any actual data is recorded), it's probably a MIDI routing problem.

If you're using an Instrument track (a Cubase shortcut to make it easy to record MIDI and play it back through a VST), make sure that the track is set to accept MIDI from either the nanoKey or all MIDI sources, that the nanoKey is sending on a MIDI channel the track is receiving on (or set the track to receive on all channels), and that the channel the nanoKey is sending on is the same one that the VST expects for playback.

If you're using a MIDI track and loading the VST through the VST rack, all of the same stuff applies, except that you also need to make sure the MIDI track is sending to the VST.

Lastly, make sure that there's no track set to solo (if some other track is set to solo, the VST you're trying to control won't sound by definition; you're soloing the other track so this track *must* be silent) and that neither your MIDI track nor your VST track (or, just your Instrument track if you did it that way) are muted.

I don't know your experience with Cubase, but playing a VST through a MIDI track is one of the easiest things to do, so I suspect you're missing one of the things that I've covered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: