Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

georgeinar - Great Dictator Mar 09
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwmccredie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Lyrics man...did you you say youd be growing TWO mustaches??...damn.

This song regardless of any other aspect or judgment is indeed a work of art, and for a song to be that these days is rare.

LOVED IT!
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George

I don't know how you manage to do this every month - but amazingly enough here is another great song from you. The lyrics are especially good - you have a real gift for this, and that's not all....I always need to listen several times to notice everything that is happening in all the tracks. If I had even 10% of your imagination I would consider myself very lucky!!

This song does set a high mark for you to measure up to or exceed in the coming months - whatever you wanted to do here, I think you have been very successful - it all fits together very well, and as I said before, the lyrics are very very good. I love the underlying humour.

Regards from
Dee
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

very good lyrics; the arrangement is also very '2loose" which is good but I have two remarks: I think it needs to be more pronounced on the lower end (a distortion guitar reinforced with a bass) + perhaps you could think of modifying the vocals a little to give it some death metal harshness Wink
I mean something in the flavor of Rammstein

http://www.rammstein.com/Band/Discography/Singles.html

It would go well with the lyrics Smile

my 2c
sewa
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sewa: very familiar with Rammstein, love them. I never know what I'm going to do with my voice and I usually am glad to get it in a good spot where it doesn't sound terrible. I do worry that too much processing will make the lyrics hard to distinguish so I try to keep them clear. But it's funny you mention this because my May song will be straight up industrial with more vocoder and electronic voicings and a lot of bottom. I am going to use more compression on the kick, I've been using limiters and it make them loud but not punchy enough. So stay tuned there. Also, I've been avoiding guitarish stuff as it always sounds so artificial when you do them on keys. But I'm working on that as well.

Dee: always love to hear your comments. The lyrics were tough this time out, I redid them at least 3 comlete times. Lyrics are the hardest part for me and I dread lyrics, though my story writing classes for like 6 years do come in handy. I think musically your ability is far superior to mine, my stuff is really so simple I just keep sticking sounds in that I like until I get some loops that fit together, but that's what makes these forums so interesting. We're all so different.

pwm: I'm not sure I've ever hear the 'work of art' comment but it comes with much appreciation. I often think of my songs as art rock even when it isn't. And when I do something that is totally new and different for me, it gets quite tough trying to decide what works and what doesn't. I do appreciate your comments and presence here in OSAM.
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: