Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing MS-20 programs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Writing MS-20 programs Reply with quote

Hello

Could somebody please enlighten me with respect to required steps to saving/writing programs on the MS-20, I just can't seem to get my head round it?

Many thanks,
Nous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I should add, outside of writing to a separate folder i.e. within the proglist section of the instrument.

Many thanks,
Mad Jack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you said in your second post, I doubt this first bit of info is useful to you, but I'll post it just in case... To save an edited program, you first need to select 'WRITEPROG' (or 'Write' from the 'PROGLIST' screen) in order to store the program in the virtual memory of the current bank. From there you have to select either 'SaveProg' or 'SaveBank' (from the 'PROGLIST' screen) to permanently store your program/bank to disk.
In a similar way, customized banks can be created on the 'PROGLIST' screen by first selecting the program you wish to overwrite, then loading a saved program from disk before writing it to the memory and finally saving the new bank to disk.

NOTE: Program names can be edited by 'double clicking' on them.

Nous wrote:
sorry I should add, outside of writing to a separate folder i.e. within the proglist section of the instrument.

Many thanks,

If you wish to change the bank that is loaded by default when you first launch the MS-20, then you need to know where the relevant 'MS-20.fxb' bank is stored on your system so that you can overwrite it. I don't know what system you are using, but I'm using Windows XP and the location of the default bank is 'D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\KORG\MS-20.fxb' ('D' being the designation of the disk partition that I use for music.)

NOTE: Copies of this bank can be found in other areas of the disk too (which is handy if you want to restore normality...)

Anyway, hope that helps. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: