Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[OK] MIDI driver for triton LE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sexlove

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: [OK] MIDI driver for triton LE Reply with quote

Hi all, at first forgive my english, but i will do my best Razz

so my problem is:

i cant find the midi driver for my triton LE!!! i've found some links but it's always for USB midi driver...so triton begin to be old...but isn't not a reason to remove support by the official site...! Crying or Very sad

i have windows XP with Ableton Live 5.0. Since 2 years i've already found this driver but never able to setup midi to my computer correctly.

i dont use ag-001 cable, i have a M-Audio Fast Track Pro ( work with midi cables). So i never be able to play a vsti intrument (triton midi out to fast track pro midi in). What's my wrong in my setup? Question Question Question i dont know! why i get signal for one way only? (sound card midi out to triton midi in).

Last edited by Sexlove on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just use USB anyway? Is there a reason why you need MIDI?

There's no MIDI driver for the LE because one isn't necessary; MIDI devices connected with a 5-pin MIDI cable don't need drivers to talk to each other or to be recognized. Drivers are needed for your sound card or for the Triton if you're connecting it via USB, because the USB connection between your sound card and PC or between your Triton and PC *aren't* a MIDI connection. The drivers enable the devices to send MIDI data (and, for the Fast Track Pro, audio as well) over USB, but these are USB connections that happen to send MIDI data; they are *not* MIDI connections.

If you can only get MIDI in one way, that suggests that either you don't have things set up properly in Live (either nothing is set to properly respond to incoming MIDI data from the Fast Track Pro OR something is expecting MIDI data on one channel but the LE is sending it on another channel OR you don't have MIDI input enabled from the Fast Track Pro) or that the MIDI Out on the LE is broken.
Sexlove

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn! one midi cable was broken! After one full day of troubleshooting....!!! GRRRR!!!! Evil or Very Mad

i've done a cable switch and i found my trouble. Not really evident when cable gives signal just sometimes...!

So for answering to midi driver... yes i've found midi driver for Korg triton LE for windows NT... so triton le dont has USB connection. So why midi driver exist..? Anyway... all work properly now lol! thx to you dude for help^^. You gave me idea to check my midi cables Wink Very Happy
Sexlove

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i put here the links to download midi driver for Triton LE for Windows XP.

Driver guide site

and

KORG UK site
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to anyone reading else this: this seems to be for some archaic interface that connects the Korg to a serial port, hence the need for extra drivers. If your computer or audio interface has standard MIDI ports, you *do not* need any drivers at all for the Korg (though you may need drivers for your audio interface). It looks like I was mistaken and there's no USB connection.

To Sexlove: I still don't understand why you don't just use the MIDI IN and OUT on the FastTrackPro. I guarantee you won't need drivers from Korg to do that.
Sexlove

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's possible dude. i beleive you.

but i was so bored about testing... I've tried all about midi connections...like u see lol.
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kanthos wrote:
Note to anyone reading else this: this seems to be for some archaic interface that connects the Korg to a serial port, hence the need for extra drivers. If your computer or audio interface has standard MIDI ports, you *do not* need any drivers at all for the Korg (though you may need drivers for your audio interface). It looks like I was mistaken and there's no USB connection..

Hi

I put the driver on the UK support site many years ago. It was needed on older Win98 machines that used a serial port. Windows back then didnt have great internal support for midi connections so this driver was developed to tackle this. We stopped selling the cable that this driver worked with a few years ago.

I'm +1 with you on your comment about using the 5 pin connector. No reason why this wont work perfectly well.

Mike
Korg UK
alastyr0212

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys i need drivers for Triton LE for usb-midi.. Can anyone help me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: