Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI PATTERNS!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAH!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: MIDI PATTERNS! Reply with quote

Hi to everybody!

Please, does anybody know if I could record on a midi track (as a midi file) a combi program to use it for a own song, do I mean what I say?... I'd like to record a combi program on a midi track and use its drum, bass and pads arrangement on my own songs.

I've got it yet on drum arpeggios on PROG mode... to built a percussion track.. but on COMBI... some combis has given to me good ideas to make songs!

Thank you!
dave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do this, you need to record the Combi into your sequencer in a way that will split out the individual MIDI channels into separate tracks. Here's how to do it in Digital Performer (you'll need to adapt these steps to your own sequencer software):

How to record Triton-Rack Combis into Digital Performer (DP):

1. On the Triton-Rack, Global>Menu>MIDI, ensure that Local Control On is unchecked and that MIDI Clock is set to External.

2. In DP, ensure that MIDI Patch Thru is set to Auto Channelize and that Multirecord is disabled.

3. In Combi Mode, record your piece into DP, then quantize and edit velocities, durations etc. so that it plays as you want.

4. Now, on the synth, Global>Menu>MIDI, enable Local Control On.

5. Copy your Combi into Multi Mode with both boxes checked.

6. Multi>Menu>Prm1 - change all active timbre settings from INT to BTH and note the MIDI channels used by each active timbre.

7. In DP, turn MIDI Patch Thru off.

8. Set up as many new tracks as the Combi has MIDI channels, less the one you've already recorded your trigger notes on. As an example, Combi A019, Stabbin' Split, uses MIDI channels 1, 2, and 3. You've already recorded your trigger notes on channel 1, so now set up two extra tracks with inputs Triton-2 and Triton-3 and outputs Triton-2 and Triton-3.

9. Enable Multirecord for the extra tracks you've just created and ensure that DP is set to send MIDI Clock.

10. If Input Quantize is enabled, disable it.

11. Now just hit DP's Record button and sit back and watch as the Triton-Rack's dual arpeggiators record their outputs into the tracks you've just set up in DP.

12. When it's done, disable Multirecord and re-enable MIDI Patch Thru in DP. Don't forget to disable Local Control once more on the Triton.

Kind regards.
JAH!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave!

Thank you very much for your answer! For your example I think you have DP, isn't it? but I have Cubase 4, please, can you help me a little more?

Anyway what I'm only trying to do is to record all the notes of each midi channel of any combi in different midi tracks (1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3...) of my cubase.

The steps in the Korgs are done!!! I've got to record the combi on a multi... but I can't record any midi note from the korg to my Cubase!!!!!

Thank you very much again!
dave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I can't help you with this because I don't own Cubase and have never worked with it. I think you're going to have to figure out the Cubase equivalents of the DP settings I used. If you have problems with this you should seek guidance on the Cubase forums.

One other place where you may find useful information on this is the Karma Lab Forum here:

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

This sub-forum deals with multi-track recording the Korg Karma into Cubase. As you may know, the Karma architecture is very similar to the Triton, the main difference being that the Triton has dual arpeggiators while the Karma uses the Kay Algorithmic Realtime Music Architecture.

What you're trying to do is definitely possible. It will just take some research and manual reading on your part. Good luck with it!

Kind regards.
JAH!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Dave!

I'll work on it!!!

See you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: