Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P DoubleU March 09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwmccredie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: P DoubleU March 09 Reply with quote

What can I say....I'm very dramatic and have no choice but to make a Grand Entrance.

Picture a full marching band...in the center a piano mounted on a Parade Float. An entourage of strippers and soldiers march slowly and deliberate to the beat. Soldiers in the front...strippers in the rear.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7424624&q=hi
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...!!

Well, it has much going on, and a lot to think about.... I like the rhythmic elements very much...

I do wonder about the style for the mix of instrumentation here, but indeed a grand entrance is a thing to remember... and I will...

Variety is what I believe most I would like to see a bit more of; not in the interesting instrumentation but in the melodic elements, and the supporting chord structure... Just a kind of "change-up" somewhere...

Thanks for your first one! It was very enjoyable for me, and we await more in the future...!

My Regards, John (ellll) Very Happy
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now for something completely different, I must say I've never heard a piece like this, never. That being said, it seems a bit too heavy on the kick drum as it's just about blowing my ears out yet the rest of the music is a a good volume. this does have a grand processional feel, and kudos for coming up with something very unique, I could see this being used in a movie like Fellini or Across The Universe or something where a wacky procession goes by.
album cover
GrahamBanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very different
it really got going around 1:20
made me think of a more electric Tiger Lillies
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely one of the more unique pieces I've heard.

I agree with ellll's comment about changing up the chord structure a bit more rather than just changing up the instruments. You seem to make it work though. I also agree with george's comment about the kick drum being a bit to heavy.

Nonetheless, good work. Cool
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do anything else that quoting the comments above. This is the strangest music I heard untill today (ok, except for some georgeinar tunes Wink ) and the ending is really... ok, they should create a new dictionary too because I can't describe this even in my language...
Regards, Lorenzo
botega

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellow pwmccredie

at first i didn't understand the concept of the song although i could definitely fill the March going on, but after a few listenings i got used to the composition and started to enjoy it, it has some parts that reminds me some of Tom waits music especially at the opening.

there are some interesting combinations of sounds but they do need to be remixed in order to be balanced with each other. the kick IS too loud try to reduce it because it overloads and sounds above all the rest, that might drive away the strippers Very Happy

Peace
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a note... after an hour yesterday I went back to your sound click page and listened to all the other songs. I think that you have really create a new kind of music mate! There is one in the list that is really a master piece!
Regards, Lorenzo
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to comment on this, as it's soooo different.
I could see it as a piece of sountrack to some zany antics for sure.
Very Happy
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
pwmccredie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone thanks for the comments. I feel like I'm at a stage where I'm trying desperately to free myself from a cage...but I have to remember that I am bran-spankin-new at recording..and that there is no rush...and that cage is probably one I put myself in with my own expectations.

I feel like my entry next month will be more mainstream I guess...but who knows...the stuff I lay down now feels normal to me.

I do feel like a sequencing software package would let me stretch my legs a little. Any recommendations? I do like loops and laying down my own rhythm sections, (or what I call beats). From what I hear Cubase is the way to go if your in that direction? Or what about Protools?

I know I should be concentrating on trying to make the actual SOUND better..but thats so boring to me. Sometimes if I hear it...I think I just make it sound pristine and clear in my head.

ALOT OF QUESTIONS I KNOW!!! I love the OSAM though and everyone did good work i think this month.
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pw..

Not sure I quite get the imagery for this one.....but there is something really unusual about how you have placed those drum rolls and cymbal hits in the overall beat.

As Lorenzo says, you seem to have come up with a new sort of music - it is interesting and strange, and it makes me want to have another listen.

Looking forward to your next one.

Regards from
Dee
joet63

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pwmc, I would march to this tune quite readily!, well done. I like the instruments it sounds so good.

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: