Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for improvements/changes on M50?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Nano pads Reply with quote

John Hendry wrote:
No, it needs a PC;-( I wish you could just run it into the USB port and be done with it but it needs a PC as if running KARMA.

John^^

thanks. it would be great if nano control could be plugged in the USB port of Korg WS directly ....
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Nano pads Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
John Hendry wrote:
No, it needs a PC;-( I wish you could just run it into the USB port and be done with it but it needs a PC as if running KARMA.

John^^

thanks. it would be great if nano control could be plugged in the USB port of Korg WS directly ....

that would be a great Idea. originally I had hoped that would seem an obvious (not to mention relatively easy to implement) idea to korg, when the nano devices came out... The OS should run a version of the korg USB MIDI Driver (then theoretically you could connect and Korg USB device)
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
jpscoey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'
Why not have the weighted keyboard that comes as standard with M50-88 available as an option on the 73 & 61-note models?

www.myspace.com/jscoey

KORG gear: M3-73 Xpanded, M50-88, X50, Kaoss KP3.
Other gear: Nord - StageEX-88, Electro2 - 73.
Hammond - XK1
Yamaha - Motif XS7.
Roland - SH201.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Nano pads Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
John Hendry wrote:

John^^

But it can't since it requires USB bus power. The USB Type B port on the M50 cannot supply bus power... that only comes from a USB Type A port. So this is a physical/technical impossibility. Sorry.

Regards,

Jerry
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Nano pads Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
kimu wrote:
John Hendry wrote:

John^^

But it can't since it requires USB bus power. The USB Type B port on the M50 cannot supply bus power... that only comes from a USB Type A port. So this is a physical/technical impossibility. Sorry.

Regards,

Jerry

I didn't realise that the M50 didn't have it, but at the time I was thinking of the Type A connector(s) on the M3 rather than on the M50. it still seems like a pretty obvious selling point...
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
leonh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more friendly sequencer like the Yamaha QY 700
jayaustin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg PadKontrol does work though the MIDI ports. MIDI out on the PadKontrol to MIDI in on the M50. I have used the padKontrol for a drum pad and it worked very well. I have not set it up to play chords. It should be possible, just have to had the need to try it yet. You would have to program it through a computer. You do not need it plugged to the computer once it is programed. The pads are touch sensitive or you can set them to be a set velocity.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayaustin wrote:
The Korg PadKontrol does work though the MIDI ports. MIDI out on the PadKontrol to MIDI in on the M50. I have used the padKontrol for a drum pad and it worked very well. I have not set it up to play chords. It should be possible, just have to had the need to try it yet. You would have to program it through a computer. You do not need it plugged to the computer once it is programed. The pads are touch sensitive or you can set them to be a set velocity.

but how exactly you connect them, you pass through a pc right? the microkontrol come w/ miniUSB-MIDI cable? how you power it to use over midi?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
jayaustin wrote:

but how exactly you connect them, you pass through a pc right? the microkontrol come w/ miniUSB-MIDI cable? how you power it to use over midi?

He is talking about the PadKontrol, not the nanoPad/nanoKontrol/nanoKey
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
kimu wrote:
jayaustin wrote:

He is talking about the PadKontrol, not the nanoPad/nanoKontrol/nanoKey

ooops sorry...
mobetta518

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have pattern recording where you can have patterns with multiple tracks..oh my god, i could get songs done 3 times faster...
ricw

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: modulation targets Reply with quote

Here's another one that could be solved in a software update: Many of the presets make use of the knobs, switches and the joystick as modulation sources. It would be very helpful to have a page that shows the targets of these modulation sources, for example: sw1 controls the speed of the rotary speaker effect. Right now you have to walk through the parameters to find out these assignments. Or did I miss anything?

Greetings
Richard
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right... in the page dedicated to controllers it's not always clear which is the parameter modulated by the controllers... it would be better to use a virtual patch (aka modulation matrix) also in workstation...
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont wanna be against everybody on this topic but...if you read all of your
posts you guys are asking for M3...whats the point??? Its a 900$ synth,
what do you expect, i mean come on lets be real for a min.
runeharpun

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps some of the suggestions are already present in the M3 (I wouldn't know). But I guess the smaller features, like favorites and better patch switching options are not ...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: