Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official statement on the status and future of the OASYS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig E

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, just after a little bit of advice please.
I've owned an Oasys in the past when it first came out, sold it a while ago but I still use one in a local studio (borrow it quite a lot whilst they don't miss it lol).

What I would like to know is I have the opportunity to buy one again in very good condition, but if anything happens to it sometime in the future, from reading this thread, are you basically then stuck with something that doesn't work and Korg will not want to know you, or should something happen, can you get these machines repaired?

Price wise they are pretty good these days, but it would be nice to know there is still support for any failures, rather than spending good money and keeping my fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.

I know there is also the Kronos, but having worked with one too, I prefer the larger screen that the Oasys has to work with.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig E wrote:
it would be nice to know there is still support for any failures, rather than spending good money and keeping my fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.

I know there is also the Kronos, but having worked with one too, I prefer the larger screen that the Oasys has to work with.

The first thing that will probably go is the hard drive, which can be replaced. It's very important to have all the discs with recovery and OS, so you can get that new drive going. I'm surprised at how many people buy these units, second hand, but don't have the discs!

Supposedly, Korg is supposed to have a stock of things like the motherboard and several owners bought back up motherboards. I know a repair guy and he says that the buttons are kind of hard to get a hold of. I've brought unresponsive buttons back to life with WD-40 and my 2005 unit operates like the day I got it.

I also just bought the Kronos X, this winter, but my son smashed the display and my repair guy quoted me "two months" just to get a display, as they are back-ordered! (This is a currently produced product.) Thank heavens my 8 year old OASYS is running smoothly. I have to say how grateful I am that it's built like a tank.

Regarding the screen, it's no contest. I have to hunch over the Kronos and the display items are much smaller. I do love the Kronos, mainly because of sample streaming, but the OASYS is a dream to operate.
Craig E

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike. I'll check to make sure the discs, recovery and OS are there Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: