Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Routing timbres to individual outputs 1 to 8 AND to the L/R.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilbeam_mp62

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Routing timbres to individual outputs 1 to 8 AND to the L/R. Reply with quote

OK - I can't get this right, although I have seen a few threads that touch on this issue....there is some talk about "parallel effects", but I can't get this to do what I want....

I want to send the combi timbres through effects and then route them to the individual outs (one to eight) but I also want the whole combi (i.e. every timbre, with effects ) to be sent to the L/R.

Is this possible ? A walk-through of the exact process would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Routing timbres to individual outputs 1 to 8 AND to the Reply with quote

pilbeam_mp62 wrote:
I want to send the combi timbres through effects and then route them to the individual outs (one to eight) but I also want the whole combi (i.e. every timbre, with effects ) to be sent to the L/R.

This is possible, but you might have to decide what effects you need to use, as opposed to using the preset combi effects. To do so, you will need to press the IFX tab, then the MIDI ROUTING 1 page. Instead of L/R, assign MIDI track 1 to IFX1, MIDI track 2 to IFX2, MIDI track 3 to IFX3, etc.

If you need more than one effect on a sound, there are 4 extra IFX to use. In other words, you could assign MIDI track 1 to IFX1, 2, 3 and 4 - chaining one into the next. Then MIDI track 2 would go to IFX5, etc.

Once you have routed each MIDI track to their respective effects on the ROUTING page, press the INSERT FX tab. On that page, you will see the 12 IFX and their routings. (It is also where you "Chain" effects together.)

To the right of every effect, you will see Pan, Bus Sel., REC Bus, etc. "Bus Sel" is assigned to "L/R." Change this to 1, 2, 3,....8 for each single effect. If you have Chained effects together, you will set this after the last effect in the chain.

The programs/MIDI tracks assigned to those effects are now going through the 1- 8 outputs. Multiple MIDI tracks can be routed to the same effect.

For L/R monitoring, you need to also assign each of these effects to a stereo REC bus. Set every IFX to REC bus 1/2 (or 3/4). Press the PLAY/REC tab and then the AUDIO TRACK MIXER tab. From the dropdown menu, select STEREO PAIR and check the AUDIO TRACK 1 & 2 ox. Select the MULTI REC checkbox. Under REC SOURCE set the tab to "REC 1/2."

Now you should be able to hear everything through L/R and the individual outputs.
pilbeam_mp62

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you VERY much Mike... I will try this.

Best Regards
Kelvin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: