Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA1X or Tyros 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpa60

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Korg PA1X or Tyros 2 Reply with quote

Hello All -

We are down to buying either a used Korg PA1X or Tyros 2 for our church where we play contemporary Christian music. We also need weighted keys. We have a $2000 budget and we we're wondering which keyboard you would recommend that would give us the best piano sound and would be more user friendly.

Thanks -
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bpa60

If you are truly wanting full weighted keys then you will not get that from either of these keyboards - you would need a "weighted key MIDI controller keyboard" in addition to the Tyros2/PA1X to achieve this.

The Pa1XPro (76 note) has a much better keyboard and feels more weighted than the PA1X / Tyros etc...

The quality and authenticity of the styles is far far superior on the PA1X. Tyros 2 styles have some nice intros & endings but the main variations are very repetitive and some are quite boring.
(I have/had both of these keyboards - well, PA2XPro now).

Don't get me wrong, Yamaha is a nice keyboard but for me there is no comparison between Tyros2 & PA1X.

Re "User-friendly" - you will need to spend a similar amount of time learning either keyboard - only familiarity makes them "user-friendly" - PA1X touch screen is a big advantage over the "surrounding screen buttons" of the Tyros2 - perhaps consider the availability of the excellent PA1X DVD tutorials produced by Rob Sherratt from this forum (see http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26291 ).

Re "best piano sounds" - this is very subjective and very much in the ears of the beholder. I recommend that you at least listen to the piano demos from both keyboards but bear in mind that they only demo one of the piano sounds. Better still, get to your local dealers and put some headphones on and play the actual keyboard - I guess that may be a little hard now as they are both discontinued keyboards.

Good luck & hope this helps

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
elvisron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA1X or Tyros 2 Reply with quote

bpa60 wrote:
Hello All -

We are down to buying either a used Korg PA1X or Tyros 2 for our church where we play contemporary Christian music. We also need weighted keys. We have a $2000 budget and we we're wondering which keyboard you would recommend that would give us the best piano sound and would be more user friendly.

Thanks -

Hi,

the answer is very simpel, the Pa1x / Pa1xPro or maybe even the Pa2xPro. Yamaha does not have the power and quality of Korg.

The gospel organsounds and piano's from Korg are very good, so that's also a very important issue.

Ron.
good point

I love my Pa2 with the XMS-64 stick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: