Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone still loving their TS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbeliz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it i owned a Triton Classic in the past and always wanted a TS and just purchased this mint condition Triton Studio 76 at great price to re-sell but i am having second thoughts about selling it now after playing it, i am upgrading the hd drive to ssd and if it all works as planned i am definitely keeping my 76 key TS i will never find one in like new condition fresh out of the box. I own the Oasys 76, Kronos 2 73, and now the TS 76 and i cannot decide what to use anymore there all the best and have there pros and cons.
EdK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jbeliz,

WOW. A mint condition TS? Definitely rare. Let me know if replacing the hard drive with an SSD works out. I think I need to replace mine as my TS is tempramental when powering up and also whenever I want to read/write from the HD. I've got a new HD which I haven't installed yet. Maybe I'll go with a SSD instead if it works for you.

All the Korgs are great keyboards. I recently used a Krome. Of course its not as full-featured as the TS. One thing I was disappointed with in the Krome is the long time it takes to boot-up. One little power flicker and your out of commission for at least 4-5 minutes.

I've got my eye on a Kronos but will probably wait until the TS dies on me.
I also have a vintage M1 that I still use. Need to replace the tactile switches and buttons. I've got the switches but finding replacement buttons is near impossible and whenever I do see them on Ebay, the sellers want a lot of $$$ for them and they're all used. No new stock available anywhere.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it....TS is a beautiful keyboard. Nothing cooler than a huge rig of awesome keyboards, amps maybe lol;)....seriously though she's a keeper. Won't be parting with mine.
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've had mine since 2003 and still like new. Some great pads and synth sounds on it that other more expensive ones don't really have. The hardware (ribbon joystick etc) is much better than my Kronos it has to be said. And I've got the cd in it, plus, expanded cards (orchestral set two cards, trance attack, studio essentials, and the EXB M.O.S.S board (currently fetching £300 upwards on eBay)

The cd writer is useful for loading akai files as well as other cds etc and can burn to cd.

Tony.

JOHN 3:16

Last edited by AnthonyB on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthonyB wrote:
Well I've had mine since 2003 and still like new. Some great pads and synth sounds on it that other more expensive ones don't really have. The hardware (ribbon joystick etc) is much better than my Kronos it has to be said. And I've got the cd in it, plus, expanded cards (orchestral set two cards, trance attack, studio essentials, and the EXB M.O.S.S board (currently fetching £300 upwards on eBay)

The cd writer is useful for loading akai files as well as other cds etc and can burn to cd.

Tony.

I love mine. Won't be getting rid of it ever. Love it very much. Got mine expanded too....great sounds, great controller TS build quality is excellent, so pretty as well. I never got the Trance attack board.....I don't really like Trance music much, but was thinking about picking it up because it may have good synth sounds on it. How is it for that? I remember Sharp really praised the exb09 back then.
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John. There are plenty of rhythms etc as you'd expect from trance attack, but also in programme mode, there are some excellent new synth samples and sound different from the stock rom. Love them. Sometimes spend more time on triton studio than Kronos as only 10 secs to turn on Very Happy

Tony.

AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cd is useful for loading akai files as well of cds.

Tony.

John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks:) There's really very little info out there about that EXB.
kts88r

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John01W wrote:
Studio is just way better looking too

I'll second that. The Triton Studio (in my opinion) doesn't only look way better than the Extreme, but it looks better than like 99% of other keyboards.

The Studio is THE best looking keyboard out there to this day (again, in MY opinion). It's simplistic, yet elegant...

The Extreme just looks straight out ugly. What were KORG thinking with that blue color...
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kts88r wrote:
John01W wrote:
Studio is just way better looking too

I'll second that. The Triton Studio (in my opinion) doesn't only look way better than the Extreme, but it looks better than like 99% of other keyboards.

The Studio is THE best looking keyboard out there to this day (again, in MY opinion). It's simplistic, yet elegant...

The Extreme just looks straight out ugly. What were KORG thinking with that blue color...

It is a very pretty looking workstation/synth....I STILL get a lot of use out of it!
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the extreme different looking than the Triton classic or the Trinity (not much off)

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
EdK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's been a while since this thread received any activity. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth.

I still use my Triton Studio 88 on a regular basis. A real workhorse and reliable even with frequently transporting it to gigs.

Recently had my touch screen replaced as it became unresponsive. Had to wait about 3 weeks for a replacement part to be shipped from Japan. Since this pretty much required a complete disassembly, I had the tech perform a good internal cleaning, replace a couple tactile switches which were becoming unresponsive from time to time and had the tech ensure all external connectors were solid. Basically, just had the entire board checked out top to bottom. It's now in like brand new condition. Just need to clean the outside of it.

After all these years, I'm surprised it's still functioning and as long as it still does, I'm not going to bother upgrading to the Kronos until the Triton dies.

I recently had the opportunity to work with a Krome. As I understand it, it was the next generation of the Triton. Totally un-impressed with it. Long-bootup time, not performance friendly, etc. The only thing I liked about it is that it wasn't as heavy.

Long live Triton!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: