Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June OSAM, ellll, Distant Cry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: June OSAM, ellll, Distant Cry Reply with quote

Hello Friends..... Well......

Here is my song for June..., for Guitar, Piano and Strings. The name is likely, self explanatory ... and it is,
.., to me, a new beginning..........

It appears it will likely be my last entry, as many things are conspiring to derail the train.. as it has become a car...and I will be traveling and working for a good time yet.... (traveling, anyway, with my wife...)

I hardly know how to part from you .., yet, I WILL be in and I humbly ask you to forgive me for my flagging support at this time... But to attempt to make the year this way would be a mistake and cause undue problems for my wife and myself...

Feel free to comment on this in any way you choose... And remember .., my heart will be with you... Always!

http://www.korgforums.com/mp3/Distant.mp3

My most Sincere regards to everyone... whom I have spent so much time... and joy in knowing...

Johnny...John....(ellll) Sad Wink
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is just beautiful, and I will miss hearing more of these. Your songs every month have brought me such enjoyment and inspired me to no end. Here's to a great travelling time and do stop in when you can. Beer
album cover
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is beautiful, inspiring and engaging. I even had to wait for it to play all the way through before I could start writing.

Technically, I can't fault it, save for the mixing of the strings and guitar - the strings seem to clash with the same frequency region of the guitar, unfortunately, making it difficult to tell which part to listen to. The piano was a nice surprise to hear towards the end.

I too find it disappointing that we won't hear anything like this from you in the future (despite the fact that I haven't heard many of your entries, having only started OSAM this year), so I wish you luck with whatever direction your life will be taking! Smile
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

As always, your music is very inspiring, and beautiful. For me this song captures that feeling of being on a journey, maybe in a plane, above the clouds with the sun just rising, and that mixture of nerves and excitement before arriving.

Hope you enjoy your travels, on terra firma Smile , and that you will let us know when you get back.

Regards from
Dee
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you all the best John, I'm very sad that you won't be blessing us with your music anymore, I'll truly miss that, but life does go on.
Crying or Very sad

Your song is very beautiful, as always, I'm so impressed with how you create such emotion with your music.

Thanks for all the pleasure, and travel well.
Regards,
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi long time I don't post here... since everyone have already say this track is amazing I won't (even if I think this too). The only thing I would change is the eq of the guitar, I would give it more air boosting the high frequencies.
regards, Lorenzo
p.s. did I say this track was amazing?
joet63

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ellll, I'm gonna miss you mate, your comments were so inspiring for me, it'll be sad not to see you on the forum, but life goes on.
'Distant' is a beatiful song and worthy of a mention in any musical language in the universe!

ellll, there is no distance between friends and family in our hearts and in our minds.

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enter again to thank people .. and for another reason as well. To leave my name in one place now and maybe more later...

Many spoke of travels.... inc privately ...when I left...

Thanks to them many times over..! Most of mine were from my home .., up into : Alabama, Georgia .. and down into the central parts of my own state, Florida..., after a "medium"tour across the USA...

*None were by air, Dee....., Above the clouds is a place I have NEVER been.... but I am ready now, I think ... It could be worth it to me to be brave enough to get into one of the d--- things now... "Time waits for no man"

Shocked Soooo Who know's ...

But one I know.!! Should another OSAM ever start... SOMEONE let me know ... for I miss it most days in some way..!!

Your friend ALWAYS... ellll (John) (Johnny) Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: