Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PX5D Help Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikey_B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: PX5D Help Thread Reply with quote

This thread is for all new users (like myself) to try and help each other with problems that we are having with the PX5D device. Cool
Mikey_B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else using other programs besides Ableton or Audacity?
imwjl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey_B wrote:
Anyone else using other programs besides Ableton or Audacity?

So far I have only used our MacBook with GarageBand because my PC laptop is not up to spec.

I have a hiss that comes on and hope I can resolve the issue because the Pandora will be a great product for me if that can be resolved.

I will try it when I am at home where I have a desktop PC.
LiveTiger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: KORG PX5D Sound Editor issue Reply with quote

I just purchased a PX5D and loaded the drivers and Sound Editor application on my Windows XP laptop.

The Audio via USB appears to be functioning correctly, I'm hearing my Laptop's audio at the PX5D's output jack.

When I start the Sound Editor however I see a dialog window that reports "Dump receive is not available".

I checked the hardware device manager for the KORG Pandora PX5D Properties, and the "KORG USB-MIDI Driver for Windows" indicates "Status: Driver is enabled but not functioning properly".

I've tried reloading the drivers 4 or 5 times.

Can anyone provide any guidance in correcting this issue?

Thanks for sharing, forums are awesome!

LT
LiveTiger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: KORG PX5D Sound Editor issue Reply with quote

I just found some PX5D Windows driver upgrade tips (eddycurrents) in the thread:

"Windows Vista editing Software for the PX5D??? Please Help?"

I'll try those this weekend and post my results.

FYI, I did send an e-mail to support@korgusa.com early yesterday, I received an auto-reply but that's it so far, I'll post their replies, if any, as well.
ExiledEZ1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad I have found you guys! Anyway, I bought a PX5D off of ebay a few days ago. Should arrive soon. However, it is missing the Ableton Live Lite 6 Korg Edition software. Has anyone an idea how I can get it? Or should I just use my cakewalk music creator 5 instead? Thanx
LiveTiger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: KORG PX5D Sound Editor issue Reply with quote

ExiledEZ1, I would stick with your existing recording App, try it anyway.

Well, I am still unsuccessful at getting the Sound Editor to run because of my driver problems, no response from KORG Support, and the tips I tried were also unable to remedy the issue as stated below.

The Audio via USB appears to be functioning correctly, I'm hearing my Laptop's audio at the PX5D's output jack.

When I start the Sound Editor however I see a dialog window that reports "Dump receive is not available".

I checked the hardware device manager for the KORG Pandora PX5D Properties, and the "KORG USB-MIDI Driver for Windows" indicates "Status: Driver is enabled but not functioning properly".

I'll just give up for now, maybe try it on my Vista system later...
ExiledEZ1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hey LiveTiger, thanks for the advice! I have received the PX5D. Though at first I thought "oh my, what did I do?", it seems to be alright when I plug my akg headphones on it. However, I tried it on my peavey renown amp and it just does not produce a good sound! Nonetheless, I am having the same driver, usb, dump receive BS on my vista laptop. I hate to give up so i'll try again, but I'm surprised by Korg's lack of support. Hope someone can help one of these days.
Shad_Strat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: PX5D support for Windows 7 Reply with quote

Any news or tips for installing the PX5D Sound Editor on Windows 7 or are we all waiting for Korg to release something? Confused
ExiledEZ1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Update! Reply with quote

Since my last post, I got the sound editor software working on my vista machine. All I did was to plug in the px5d, click on the app's icon installed previously on my laptop. It gave me the same warning, but I later went into the midi setup and selected pandora px5d ctrl in 2 and pandora pxd4 ctrl out 2 and made it the default choice. Now when I plug the device, and start the app, it automatically choses the right setting. I can now tweak the sounds to my hart's content. However, I still cannot use Music creator 5 to record. I wish I had the original software.
Shad_Strat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Update! Reply with quote

ExiledEZ1 wrote:
Since my last post, I got the sound editor software working on my vista machine. All I did was to plug in the px5d, click on the app's icon installed previously on my laptop. It gave me the same warning, but I later went into the midi setup and selected pandora px5d ctrl in 2 and pandora pxd4 ctrl out 2 and made it the default choice. Now when I plug the device, and start the app, it automatically choses the right setting. I can now tweak the sounds to my hart's content. However, I still cannot use Music creator 5 to record. I wish I had the original software.

I did the same but, the midi setup in the sound editor doesn't show any midi devices for MIDI IN and only shows Microsoft GS and MIDI Mapper as devices for MIDI OUT. Is there another way of changing the MIDI IN/OUT?
ExiledEZ1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shad_Strat,

I know that before I was able to see the pandora px5d ctrl in and out, I had to install the drivers for vista. I got those off of the Korg UK site. At first I did the xp/vista driver 1.02. But it did not work. Then I went back and got the earlier version (xp/vista 1.11) installed. Sounds strange but it worked.

http://www.korguksupport.co.uk/page.cfm?pageid=629
Shad_Strat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Pandora PX5D Windows 7 support for Windows Reply with quote

I finally found a good solution for the PX5D and Windows 7...

1) Download and install the latest version of Korg PX5D PC Editor V1.0.2 from this page:

http://www.korg.co.uk/products/effects/pandora_px5d/fx_px5d.asp

2) Download and install the latest Windows USB MIDI driver (V1.12) from this page:

http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=280

Click on the download tab and scroll to the bottom. Look for: PC:Driver:Korg_USB_MIDI_Win_112.zip

3) Plug the PX5D in the USB port and select the "Install KORG USB Device" from the "Korg USB MIDI Driver Tools" Program that you installed above.

4) Run the PX5D software editor and click on the MIDI/MIDI Setup tab and select Pandora PX5D for the MIDI-In and MIDI-Out ports.

It's complicated, but it works.
electricarrow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shad Strat:

This worked for me... thanks for the help!

-Dave
LiveTiger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: PX5D Help-Thread Reply with quote

It's been a while since I last contributed a post on this forum, I've since been successful at getting the PX5D Sound Editor to work on an older XP laptop of mine and I'm also able to record via Tracktion and Audacity. I'm pretty stoked about that.

The initial XP system that I attempted to run the PX5D on is able to record but unable to run the MIDI driver, so no Sound Editor, must be a conflict somewhere.

I've also tried running the PX5D on a Vista platform, the PX5D Sound Editor (and MIDI driver) function well, but I cannot record, I can't find the PX5D as a recording interface in my recording apps.

I'm going to upgrade my Vista platform to Windows 7, I don't know if that'll make any difference, but I'll let you all know...

Later,
LT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: