Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question about audio interface recording

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kfwa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: A question about audio interface recording Reply with quote

I am thinking of getting Ensemble. One reason for considering it is that it has SPDIF connectivity, which will be good for my Triton Extreme since TE also has SPDIF in and out, and through SPDIF connection, signal conversion would be avoided between TE and Ensemble. But I was told by someone that with that setup, the TE will become the master clock, and the eventual recording into my imac might be compromised due to possible hisses clicks .. Is that true? I have little technical knowledge, and it will be my first time using an audio interface.

Should I instead consider Duet since it does not have SPDIF (if above is true than I cannot get the benefit of SPDIF on Ensemble in any case ..), but I can record from the Left and Right outputs on the TE, which will connect to the Duet. I have heard that sound conversion in the Ensemble and Duet is of the same quality.

I will very much appreciate your view.

My existing setup and needs:

Korg Triton Extreme 88 keys, Gibson Les Paul electric guitar, Yamaha Acoustic Electric guitar with Piezo pickup, Digitech RP250 guitar effects processor, AKG K 240 headphones, Imac 3.06 GHz 4 GB RAM 24 " screen.

I am not in a band, and will be composing and recording myself as a hobby. But sound quality is a priority.
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tried the SPDIF connection, but I can tell you from years of experience, that the outputs on the Korg synths are of excellent quality.

I've never had a noise problem and the sound quality is totally acceptable.
Good luck.
Smile
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
kfwa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Stephen for your response.

Right. Good to know. But if I could find out about the clocking thing, in that, if that is actually an issue, it will be good to know still.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: