Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Disappointment aka The Death of OSAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Great Disappointment aka The Death of OSAM Reply with quote

I'm about to declare this OSAM dead in the water. I'm very disappointed at the lack of activity here and will most likely not do another, at least not at this website. Korg Forums is a critical resource for people with technical discussions and questions, but has lost the interest in musical production and sharing. Esp in the OSAM which was where I would expect some continuity with those who signed up for the year. It amazes me that even with the flexibility of posting criteria (ie, that even song experiments or fragments are acceptable as a monthly post) I see next to no activity whatsoever. While I will admit this summer has been deadly on my creative process, I have at least put out something every month. I will continue to do so, just maybe not here. There are other vast social communities across the net with enthusiastic musicians sharing their music. I'm even getting more from twitter than I'm getting here. Myspace, Ilike and others are very active. I may better spend my time there from now on. This is a shame considering that this is the birthplace (thanks Sharp) of the notion of posting 12 songs in 12 months and has helped my music beyond measure. But the contract depends on people stepping up to the plate or it doesn't work. Sad
album cover
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I must agree.
Sad
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not agree. The fact that people failed into this task is part of the game. I failed last year and subscribed this year to take a sort of revenge against my work, my lack of time and ideas, and I failed again... but this gave me the opportunity to learn something.
I learnt that my production activity IS very slow, that I depend totally on inspiration and that my inspiration DIE when I can't find an internal order.
I learnt that are more important good studio forniture, relaxing place to sit, silence and a good wiring for all the studio gear then to have a studio full of gear (like my old one) and in a messy situation.
And finally I learnt that there are people like you George who manage to really create good music in the spare time and belive me or not, even if I didn't leaved lots of comment on this osam, I listened to many tunes posted, but I really didn't know what to write about them becouse I didn't want to write the usual "good work" even if it was really what I thought. So if you don't see a comment of mine on your tunes it really means I find them a good product.
I don't know what will happens the next year but I'm sure that the OSAM can start again and maybe some brand new people will join and other people that failed will take a revenge or will set them out of the game. But I'm sure this OSAM make people understand and learn something useful.
Anyway it's a your decision to keep it alive or not, all I can do is being really grateful for your work here
Regards, Lorenzo
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...

Well I'm sorry for not posting anything up since my last song. It's not like I'm in a horrible musical slump or anything (or maybe I am, lol). I have plenty of ideas and unfinished songs in my keyboard that I never decided to share. Maybe I should post some up.

And I'll try to listen to most of the songs that I've missed and comment on them in my spare time.

Don't count me out!
joet63

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sad news, I am as guilty too, for not posting anything or reading comments and posting comments about people's work. I hope the OSAM doesn't go away, I like to think it has enriched me with positivity and good feelings that only fellow musicians can have about their work. I will keep posting as well. Understanding the time and effort it takes to put something down on a computer or tape, yes tape!, is critical and I'm so lazy in doing so.
I am working on 3 or 4 songs just now and getting nowhere but that's my fault and no-one else's. George, you have been a great moderator in this forum and I would like to thank you for giving me the inspiration to get off my butt and and make music, I'd also like to thank all the rest of this wonderful OSAM folks for your input and encouragement on my music, thank you. I am going to 'get a move on' as Radio 2's Johnny Walker would say!

Rock On OSAM!!!

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that seeing George state plainly what's what is going to bring all of us who didn't support this OSAM out of the woodwork one by one. And the thought of losing it altogether might even make us all get something going.

..er...Do we get another chance...?...

Over here I was just getting a song going but am now stuck with a totally hung computer - everything has to be wiped and re-installed, which may take a few days.

But whatever happens, I would also like to thank George and Stephen for their unflagging support and encouragement for everybody here.

The thought of you all disappearing is making me feel really sad now.

Regards from
Dee
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George and others,

I was apprised of the situation by another, and feel great disappointment and some real sorrow; HOWEVER, I am not in disagreement with the decision George has made. I confess that both family problems AND the lack of interest led to my leaving for good; it had become more "task" and less ënjoyment in the last several months..

Even so, I will recall with good feelings, all the members, inc the newest, and in particular George and his steady help and forbearance... !!! and I wish for everyone the best possible success..

Perhaps we will be here again, after a break and many other pursuits...

Your Friend always, John.... Johnny..... ellll... Sad .. Very Happy
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not at all that I don't love Korg Forums. This is a valuable resource and a gathering of many beautiful people that I will always feel are my friends, well cyber friends anyway. However, the OSAM thing just seems dead in the water, there just isn't the traffic here or the postings. It is very difficult to churn out 12 songs in 12 months, and when there's only a couple people actually doing it, it loses the momentum that makes it worthwhile and easier to maintain.
album cover
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep on keeping on wherever you be George! Good on ya!
CHEERS!
Ron Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: