Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a few questions about the M50

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbie50

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: a few questions about the M50 Reply with quote

1.Can my PC see the M50 as an extra Hard Disk, Drive? Question
so that I can put files on the SDcard and not remove the card from the synt each time! Idea

2. Is there a "favorit" function on the M50?
( I can find this in the manual....) Exclamation

greetings,

robbie
Very Happy
jerryv

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No ..

2. They don't call it 'favorites' .. check the index under 'Categories'
runeharpun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Categories and favourites are not quite the same think. I want to put my sounds in different categories, and also be able to mark them as favourites. This is a feature request that have been discussed a lot. Perhaps we get it in a future update if we nag Korg enough Smile

R
robbie50

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runeharpun wrote:
Categories and favourites are not quite the same think. I want to put my sounds in different categories, and also be able to mark them as favourites. This is a feature request that have been discussed a lot. Perhaps we get it in a future update if we nag Korg enough Smile

R

Exact!
I mean the same...... Exclamation
I hope there comes an option: "favourites"! Question

Korg, please read this!

greetings,

robbie
cabobs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite sure I had seen how to set up favourites somewhere ... and with a little help from my friend the search function, I retrieved this from a former thread. Hope this helps Very Happy

Synastikki wrote:
okay... here is what you're supposed to do.
I tested the M50 yesterday at a local music store and found out that there is two user categories (user 16 and user 17).

1. Got to the Global mode and rename one of these user categories as "Favourites" (for example) (do this for both the program and combination mode categories)
2. When you come up with the sound that you would like to favourite go and WRITE the COMBINATION/PROGRAM (depending on which mode you're on) and change the category to "Favourites" and save. DON'T change anything else or you might save the program/combi to wrong location and overwrite some other important sounds.

This way the program or combi stays right the same and stays in the same location as before, but its category changes to favourites and you can find it in the favourites category from this on. Just remember that when you change the category you can't find the sound anymory from the category that it was originally in. For example if you do this to a program called The M50 Grand piano (or something like that it was) you can't find it in the "keyboard" category anymore but in the "favourites" category instead.

And it doesn't stop there, for you can set up to 8 (I believe) subcategories, like, KEYBOARD; GUITAR etc. in the new FAVORITES category to sort your favorite sounds/combis even further.
robbie50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks!!! Reply with quote

Cabobs,

Great!!
It's works perfect........ Dancing
Thanks for the reply.....

greetings,

robbie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: