Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tips and suggestions for OS update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shabby

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: tips and suggestions for OS update Reply with quote

it rocks!!! but some shortcomings i did not expect since i am familiar with the kp2 and kp3 and microkorg.. so 1st tips and sugggestions for OS updates and fixes.. anyone no where to send these to at korg?

- no copy pattern or copy sample but save 1st then load in another slot

- when playing a coupe of loops and then add keyboard (through resample mode using the miicrosampler as a source) preset not possible to sample but only input but only all loops playing plus input.. there should be a 3rd category saying keyboard

- the samples do not autoplay after sampling (like in the KP3)

- not posible to external midicontrol of the pitch tune decay etc of the sampler through CC's.. more cc's please. curious iam also about the current midi implementation nrpn's and sysex.

- no sample release when release keyboard

- no octave switch for keyboard for midcontrol external soundgenerators

- it seems the MS is multitimbral (altough on the same midi channel) you can add one shot samples (sample mode) and melodies(keyboard mode) to a pattern.. just make sure that u do not use the root sample of the keyboard mode to sample on...
softroom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, especially annoying no pattern copy.
Also, has anyone tried sampling loops whilst synced to an external MIDI source? Been synced to my electribe to try and capture perfect loops as I can with the KP3, but the microSAMPLER not so perfect.
And should I be able to sync pattern start with an external MIDI start command?
shabby

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: pattern copy alternative Reply with quote

u do know, u can save the pattern and then load a pattern in an empty pattern slot?!
softroom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, thanks.
softroom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW managed successful loop capture during MIDI sync today, all working peachy. Was thinking that some kind of Loop Sample Overdub mode would be nice to record loops that don't necessarily start with a hit. For drum fills and string pads etc.
Smile
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:09 pm Post subject:
BTW managed successful loop capture during MIDI sync today, all working peachy.

Please, how did you manage that?

Just bought mine yesterday and MIDI clock synced looping was the first thing I tried - was quite disappointed (Recording ALMOST the 4 bars I asked it to isn't really good enough for me, especially as my KP3 manages the job perfectly).

The only way I sort of got around it is to edit the sample afterwards and change it's sync to timestretch or pitchshift. But it still doesn't work all that well (as it tries to stretch that ALMOST four bars to the measure and tempo which it was SUPPOSED to record to in the first place!) and I don't really want to be fannying about with menus in a live situation.
Trisfx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys! great little toy... There is 2 things that really bugs me now:

- When importing sample from another bank, the sample name is not shown, instead it's S01, S02, ect... All the space is taken by "FROM BANK x" that we already acknoledge in the step before this menu... waste of space... I really would like to build a bank from other banks, but I took the time to name all samples, and now i'm stuck with "S.01" for the name when importing from another bank...

-Why there is no ATTACK time setting, there is a release, but no attack? I wanna use this baby also for soundscapes, and without a fade on loops, all loops kicks in pretty loudly.. .. I know there was some feature cut for make this available to a lot of ppl, but attack time should be there no?

Thanks!
softroom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadVolume wrote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:09 pm Post subject:
BTW managed successful loop capture during MIDI sync today, all working peachy.

Please, how did you manage that?

Just bought mine yesterday and MIDI clock synced looping was the first thing I tried - was quite disappointed (Recording ALMOST the 4 bars I asked it to isn't really good enough for me, especially as my KP3 manages the job perfectly).

The only way I sort of got around it is to edit the sample afterwards and change it's sync to timestretch or pitchshift. But it still doesn't work all that well (as it tries to stretch that ALMOST four bars to the measure and tempo which it was SUPPOSED to record to in the first place!) and I don't really want to be fannying about with menus in a live situation.

I set the sampler to ext clock sync, connected up the output of one of my electribes, set the number of bars I wanted to record and all went well. I think I set the trigger to threshold IIRC.

BTW anyone successfully synced the microSAMPLER's patterns via MIDI? The manual says it should work so I must be missing something... tried both master and slave.
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, will have to try threshold trigger, that's the only thing i've not tried.

Have you had a problem with the sequencer not recording keyboard mode data?

When in keyboard mode, the sequencer should record my playing as keyboard mode data, so when playing back I can cycle through all the different samples and play the same 'musical' phrase with different 'instruments'.

This is not the case, no matter what mode i'm in (keyboard mode or samles mode) it ALWAYS records any playing I do as samples data. So the 'piano melody line' I tried to record in keyboard mode, when played back, just sounds like a jumble of the different samples corresponding to the keys I pressed as if I was recording in sample mode (and if there's no samples stored to the keys I pressed while recording it won't play anything at all!).

The cracks are starting to emerge...
microboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: TO BE ABSOLUTELY FIXED Reply with quote

EDITOR:

SAMPLE SECTION

it would be amazing to have a PARTIAL LOOP function:

so you can save the attack of the waveform and loop only the body of the sample.. avoiding the premature end of the sound on high notes..

the zoom possible with mause scroll: without clicking on the fu****g arrow

snap to zero point and zoom deeper on the wave: avoiding to become blind and get perfect cutting sample

would be nice to have PORTAMENTO function

PATTERN SECTION

GRAPHIC SEQUENCER (like KORG DS - 10 maybe?) with solo and mute button, velocity Sample/Track Mixerr and quantization grid at least!

having a graphic sequencer for creating pattern when connected to computer, cold be very nice!

the pattern section should record at lest DRUM SEQUENCE + 2 TRACKS like KORG DS-10 so Sequencer could get some more sense

MICROSAMPLER

updating EDITOR/LIBRARIAN Software and making a new firmware with thoose new functions in MICROSAMPLER, would be already a GIANT STEP!

my opinion

MB
shabby

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think u are asking for a new machine / or at least rewritten rather then implementing possible solutions for problems there are now.

the more of these wishes we drop the more likely that they justleae it..

btw issnt there anyone with a korg support email (a part from uk whom do not reply)
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is already a much longer 'update suggestions' thread, please aim everything toward that one for the attention of korg....
microboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i think u are asking for a new machine

i don't believe so.. everithing is possible fixing the editor/librarian software and updating then the firmware of MS

yes most things needs to be rewritten.. but after payed 430 euro i hope someone in korg will care about us! Shocked [/quote]
shabby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: a sugggestion for fx settings Reply with quote

the possibility to save fx banks (at least in the editor)
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone delete this thread? there is a much longer one covering the same subject.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: