Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tips and suggestions for OS update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shabby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: tips and suggestions for OS update Reply with quote

the metronome is so **** loud. please give a volume function
shabby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: unlooping the loop Reply with quote

when unlooping a loop whilst running (blz 27 manual) you hear the initial trigger of the sample, so it does not seemingless stop
shabby

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: som more suggestions / bugs / Reply with quote

when u use the sequencer the loop button does not work whilst recording, it doesn during playback.
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after a day with the machine:

ability to not monitor what you're sampling in live situation.....very obvious, annoying ommision.....feedback/echo problems surely.....

korg usb stick thing that can carry extra banks on and/or extend the sample time available. NOT ridiculously priced.....

metronome available in 'looper' effect parameters.

a better way to use the looper effect. the rotating of knobs to switch between record/play/overdub is clumbsy.

the option of longer time being available in looper effect.

basically make the looper effect a much more significant aspect of the machine, with more options etc, a much more thoroughly thought through and developed update to the looper effect...

the ability to use more than one sample/sound spread across the keys (ie.'keyboard' mode) when making patterns....im really disappointed with this. not beiong to put say a bassline AND a piano line down for example without having to resample etc, lame.

delete mulitple samples simultaneously (but not all).....the ability to select 'delete samples' then hit numerous keys to delete simultaneous samples at once without having to do one at a time or the whole bank.

a more instinctive way of selecting the sample to use in keyboard mode. being able to hold the 'keyboard' button down and then hit the key/sample you want to use..using the dial is a pain.

i'm sure there'll be more....
a lot of this machine is great, but there are some pretty annoying limitations/workflow problems that could be fixed with a thoughtful update......hopefully they'll listen and make this machine something pretty special......
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY only one effect per sample......this is getting old now....same problem with my sp-404.....be nice if you could select a few effects, then save those effect parameters with the sample.....so you could then still go back and tweak/tweak live.......the resample route is ok, and similar end results, but its cumbersome, can get a bit scruffy and it's set in stone.....
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vocoder? but i dont know how these things work inside, so its maybe impossible....
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe some kind of add-on that fits perfectly in to the 'iphone' docks and is connected via usb? a bit pie in the sky, but they could have a variety of options........
a usb thing that slotted in to the dock and extended across to the end of the synth and had extra dials/rotaries on it for the effects parameters? this one could even be a simple midi device?
some kind of harddrive with a screen...
you get the idea.....korg, are you listening?
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being able to write over the ROM bank.......is there a reason relating to the mechanics of the ms1 that prevents this? if not then it would be a nice option....that's 10percent of the total memory taken by stuff i will never use....
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

being able to edit a loop/sample's start and end points, and have the changes audible, when you have another sample on loop as well...at the moment if i have one sample looping and try to edit the start/end points of another to make sure they're tight together, i cant hear the edit.....the sample stays same length until you stop everything and play it on its own....
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

being able to punch in start/end points.....its ok doing it all by rotating dials, but sometimes you want to truncate a big portion and it would be MUCH easier if you could punch 'rough' in and out points in with a button/combo whilst listening, and THEN go to dial to finetune.....like on the sp-404 etc....
humby

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just adding my post from another thread to make sure it makes it to the OS update requests (thanks beatifictatter)

>>
Hi, I'm a big fan of Korg products, I have the KP3 and the MicroKorg XL. I was very recently in the market for a sampler and when I heard that Korg just put out the Microsampler I jumped on it and picked one up.

I think the unit is great but I was a bit disappointed to discover that it is lacking Attack and Portamento which I think are hugely useful functions (and I think pretty basic - even my ancient Casio SK-1 has these).

If there is any way you could add these features in a future OS update it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
shabby

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

said before, but itis so strange that u cannot loop the loops in pattern record mode. since i only have two hands i have keep the beet the full 99 measures jam. please o please loop the loop in pattern rec.
jbl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatifictatter wrote:
after a day with the machine:

a better way to use the looper effect. the rotating of knobs to switch between record/play/overdub is clumbsy.

the option of longer time being available in looper effect.

basically make the looper effect a much more significant aspect of the machine, with more options etc, a much more thoroughly thought through and developed update to the looper effect...

delete mulitple samples simultaneously (but not all).....the ability to select 'delete samples' then hit numerous keys to delete simultaneous samples at once without having to do one at a time or the whole bank.

a more instinctive way of selecting the sample to use in keyboard mode. being able to hold the 'keyboard' button down and then hit the key/sample you want to use..using the dial is a pain.

i'm sure there'll be more....
a lot of this machine is great, but there are some pretty annoying limitations/workflow problems that could be fixed with a thoughtful update......hopefully they'll listen and make this machine something pretty special......

I'll second these. I cut some out but good points indeed.
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being able to group samples together so that the playing of one interrupts the other would make playing drum samples sound more realistic.
Grouping the various articulations in this way for each part of the drum kit like the hi-hat open positions and the different drags and hits of the snare would be a big help.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: tips and suggestions for OS update Reply with quote

shabby wrote:
the metronome is so **** loud. please give a volume function

Please please tell me there is a way to turn off the metronome on a microSampler!!!!!

I don't own this yet but damn I know that would just piss me off if there is no way to kill metronome. I have in the past hacked other products to disconnect what ever creates metronome.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: