Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

enough hating.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: enough hating..... Reply with quote

besides the little buggings i just posted, its a great piece of hardware. a lot of fun and when i can hook it up to pc and tighten things up its going to do nearly everything i wanted it to....mainly just take a lot of stuff out of the pc for live....
i have an sp-404 but the microsampler looks like it will offer a different workflow, probably going to use the two together.....if korg can fix a few of the things people are complaining about in the first os update then all should be well....
though i don't like the look of 'MS1' on the serial sticker underneath.....hopefully they'll stick with this and work on the problems and updates rather than ditching it and bringing out an 'MS2' any time soon.....
jbl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least they aren't starting with an ms1000 and working their way down. I have a few roland sp's and this will most likely replace all but the 404 (i think these two will work well together, if i could just export to 44.1).

I also have my kontrolpad connected and I must say i'm blown away. one nice thing is you could have two people using the one machine(with the kontrolpad). i can bang on drums while someone else plays a tune in keyboard mode.

I really like the microsampler.
mike pepp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: 404 vs microsampler Reply with quote

do you guys like the micro better than the 404
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both and both have different strengths. But the micro is probably
more fun and quicker creative workflow. I prefer the fx and knobs on the 404, and it has more memory and the all banks are accessible without loading, so you can access all via midi keyboard etc if using it to put octaves of instruments etc on to. They're both fun though, but they do both have some annoying flaws, I'd say the microsampler perhaps more so, but I
think that's because it does more. I'd probably keep the micro if forced to choose.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: