Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

something rattling inside?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: something rattling inside? Reply with quote

mine has had a little rattling inside, (somewhere by the midi ins/power etc) from out of the box....anyone else? should i be taking it back and exchanging?
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone PLEASE tell me if this rattling is normal with the microsampler...doesnt seem like it should be but you never know.....i'll return mine if no one else has the same. cheers
jbl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine does this as well! alarming but it doesn't seem to be causing a problem. why is their rattling, especially on a "portable" machine?
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm. can anyone please confirm that the rattling ISN'T standard....

i just spoke to the shop and i'm going in to swap, it's a long drive.....

i don't want to go all the way only to pick up another if they all rattle!

feel a bit anal taking it back, but thinking of if i ever want to ebay or sell locally in future, i'm sure i'll have lost the box/goose mic and more by then so it's just one less price lowering thing i'd have to put in the selling description.....and i also just hate paying top dollar for something that isn't as it should be....

anyone?
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Rattling isn't standard..!

Please return it to the retailer where you bought it and have them replace it for you.

Mike
Korg UK Tech Support
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really?!?! i just took it back and swapped for another, which has THE SAME RATTLING......so i was now assuming it was standard. so now im really confused?!?

costs me £15 in petrol every time i go the store i bought it from.....and now looks like i have to go back AGAIN......cheers korg. great quality control. ive had two with a rattle, the person above in this thread has the same......shoddy.
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this is most unusual..

2 out of 10.000 or so world wide is not shoddy.... just unlucky.

Mike
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not just two is it, the guy above has same problem.....
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the advice and statistics, but the store has already given me £20 credit note from my last trip because i got home and found the same rattling.....and now looks like i'll have to go back again because you are saying the rattling inside isnt normal......they arent going to be happy about it in the store. and nor am i, i really want to start getting in to the machine but poor manufacturing seems to be preventing me.....my first korg purchase, not impressed so far. the samplers pretty good, but quality control seems non-existent.....
jbl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, mine does it. and it's more like a thumping when i move it around. i'm not gonna bother with taking mine back as i had to special order anyway. if it gives me trouble in the next year, i guess i'll use the 'warranty'

seriously, there are only three cases of a rattling/thumping? anybody else have this issue, please tell us, yay or nay.
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reckon its pretty unlikely that i somehow managed to get two on the trot with the same loose whatever it is inside unless its a common fault......im going to do same as you, warranty if any problems....cant be bothered with re-loading everything,and hour and a half drive.....obviously still a bit unimpressed with the build quality control though...
McVicar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine rattles too. But I don't care. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the 'retro design' also features the ability to sound like an old bashed keyboard from the 70's when being moved around (due to old rattling loose parts inside!)

Seriously though if they are made like this then what is the f*cking point. And here was me getting my hopes up again about maybe changing my mind/purchasing one of these. Anything loose inside is VERY bad. All it then takes is another thing to loosen and make a contact with the first loose part and then ZAP...your unit has blown something (maybe even killed it forever).
Surely if there are more than a couple of users of this unit here on this forum they could at least help out a bit more by posting further yes/no confirmations of this worrying topic?
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt let it put you off buying one...
has anyone out there got one that doesnt have the rattling?!? i've had two with it...im not too bothered though. if it breaks i'll use the warranty....be nice if korg had better quality control though and offered those with rattly machines some kind of compensation for the trouble caused in taking back and swapping or if there are subsequent problems etc etc ....very little chance of that though.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: