Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else tried this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a pretty good new youtube video up, shows a lot more of what the machine can actually do than anything else ive seen so far....

is the thing that this guy does at 6.00mins the same thing you're doing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZXP5unYZHM

you're using guitar instead of vocals though....
from what i can make out you can throw some extraneous things into a pattern, that you dont want in the final pattern, and then replace those samples with other stuff on the fly as it loops,(by using what sample mode? looks like auto-next? do they all work?) looks pretty interesting....
can you also just add totally new stuff on to empty bank keys whislt opattern is playing in this way? without having to lose things or plan ahead to what you're going to need in place that you can later replace?
i need to start bringing my machine home so i can learn it, still at the studio........
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 wrote:
SMK wrote:
File factory also known as virus factory....

Any chance of you DeadVolume or someone re-uploading this demo to another host please?

YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm just getting silly here but yes, you can post just the audio and have just your name on the black screen. THAT'S IT!!!

Seeing this done would be the best but I'll settle for just a youtvube video that is just all audio and has your name on the black screen or a picture of your dog. These other host sites are annoying because you are forced to join them.

Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
19 wrote:
SMK wrote:
File factory also known as virus factory....

Any chance of you DeadVolume or someone re-uploading this demo to another host please?

YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube would be fine with me too as a last resort. I would just have preferred to get the raw audio as an mp3 file so I could inspect it better on my media player.

Maybe beatifictatter could UL this to either YouTube or preferably another mp3 free hosting site (I'm guessing he/she succesfully got it according to ealier comments?).

DeadVolume seems to have used the money making side of FileFactory which currently is spewing mal-ware type ad's out. If DeadVolume would UL it again to the non cash generative free side of FileFactory or another better mp3 host then that would be this problem solved.

I still cannae hear it Captain Smile
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats your email, i'll mail it to you

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatifictatter wrote:
whats your email, i'll mail it to you

I gave the link one last go and it worked Confused Thanks anyway beatifictatter Cool
I still would maybe give FF a swerve though.
I have uploaded it here http://www.filedropper.com/crapeggiate-output-stereoout (some crappy minor SW at this link but nothing dodgy to worry about, any cleaner will take care of it).

I really like this crapeggiate file as it does not sound crap Very Happy
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right,
1)
I didn't actually create an account on file factory at the time I posted it, it let me just upload the thing, this may explain the crap that's up there.

2)
I don't have internet at home yet as I moved house recently (i'm doing this s**t at work) therefore at the moment youtube is out of the question.

I'm sorry, I was off work sorting out my 'studio' last week (i.e bedroom) and couldn't be bothered to actually make any music/video by the time I finished. I know, I'm s**t...

Instructions for the thingy:

a) Start a groove by sequencing some samples alredy on your machine (I find about six to eight is about right if you don't want it to become boring pretty quickly). Get that playing while setting up.

b) sort out your input source, mine is a guitar.

c) select auto next, press the sampling button (so it's in setup mode i.e green) and then set the threshold while plucking the strings. The bottom line of the LCD display should flash up when the threshold has been crossed so you can adjust and tune in the theshold to your playing volume without recording anything yet. You don't want the threshold too low or it will sapmle any old creak and buzz or too high or you might break a string trying to get it to start. Test it works on all parts of the fretboard as the volume is quite different for different strings and different registers due to body resonance etc.
I usually whack the level up to +12 as well, which takes it up to line level (the microSAMPLER likes to have a lot of headroom).

d) Set the sampling length. I find that 1/8 is best for doing arpeggios of short palm muted plucks and hrmonic pings, while 1/2 to 1/1 is good for longer notes. It's all about finding the right balance between the speed at which you want to replace each note so you can play faster and the amount of clipping which occurs if you sustain a note for too long and it carrys over to the next sample (although this clipping can be quite an effective rhythmical tool if applied correctly). It all depends on tempo as well of course so longer divisions will be needed for higher tempos.

e) If your guitar is going in directly don't forget you need to sample in mono

f) Press the keys on the keyboard so that only the keys corresponding to the notes you sequenced are highlighted. Press sampling again so it goes yellow and waits for your guitar signal.

g) Experiment with scales, arpeggios, single notes sampled at many different velocities, harmonics, scrapes. You can play just one note at a time or if the sampling length is long enough you can play short scale runs etc. (you have to make sure you hit the first note spot on in time if you do this, because if you get the timing of the first note slighty wrong, and play the rest of the sample in time, this will be reversed when the sample plays again i.e. the first note will be spot on and everything else will be out).

Hope this makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadVolume wrote:
Right, I didn't actually create an account on file factory at the time I posted it, it let me just upload the thing, this may explain the crap that's up there.

FileFactory must be allowing more badware ads on even their free host choice now. Thats a shame (kind of rules it out altogether, although how weird that the link did not crash my pc today, maybe they got complaints and are being good little boys again?).

As I said before, it's not your fault DV. Again, thanks for your very nice little demo. It really helps tremendously to consider buying when people do stuff like this on new gear Very Happy as the shops near me usually have an Akai sampler from 5 years ago STILL at max retail and some guitar strings if your lucky Sad and lets face it...most Korg and other major site demos are very shoddy and either still stuck in that 90's Paul Van Dyk trance riff template groove or an 80's Casio Home Keyboard Preset Demo Song type trap of making all their gear sound un-funkadelic!
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you 19.

This is the first time i've been back to this thread for over a week so I was just clearing up a few things overall.

Cheers for the feedback anyway. I'm gonna be doing some 'proper' stuff with it soon (now i've got my studio sorted) and put on you tube when t'inernet is up and running at home.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtube is beyond easy DV, just make an account and upload the audio. These file sharing sites are DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and put other users at risk! you may think that just by uploading the audio for free makes it so that others can hear it for free. That is the "gottcha" to these sites. Your link only takes you to someplace to sign up and then the user is at risk of getting viruses. There is tweetvid, vimeo, youtube, howto; all of these places to load up audio as well as video. Please I encourage you and anyone else to only use these video sites and avoid file sharing sites. It is safer for others who are not "in the know" who want to hear what you have done. Youtube and Vimeo are "stupid easy" to work with and SAFE for all users to enjoy your work.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just to reiterate my comment eariler which you seem to have overlooked completely

I DON'T HAVE INTERNET AT HOME YET, I'm using this forum at work.

Hence no tweetvid, vimeo, youtube or howto.

I'm not putting anyone at risk, if you don't want to download from a dodgy site, dont bother, it's entirely up to you. I wouldn't have uploaded anything at all if it wasn't for you whinging on at me.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You what, that's Okay, I'll just wait till someone else does it, and puts up a full how to video. Thanks Anyways.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: