Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Magix Music Maker with microSampler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Using Magix Music Maker with microSampler Reply with quote

Hi all

I'm a newbie to Korg synths.

I bought the microSampler and hooked it up to my PC with a USB. What I want to do is hook it up to Magix Music Maker so I can play something on the PC, and transfer and sample it in the Korg.

I cannot work out the cables I need to use and where to put them all. Currently the USB is connected, then I have a cable with MIDI IN/OUT and a USB on the other end, but I don't know whether to connect one or both to the Korg.

Then I have an AMP coming off the Korg in the L/Mono Output.

The Magix software is recognising both the Korg and the MIDI cable - I can select either from the drop down lists for both MIDI Input and Output plus a third option that I don't know what it is.

It seems I am faced with approximately 3,000 different cable and set up options but I haven't hit the right one yet. In fact I don't even know if it's possible for Magix to use the Korg as a slave - the guy in the shop said it was possible to download WAV files into the Korg but didn't tell me how.

BTW I also have the librarian software loaded, and that was talking to the Korg at one stage but I seem to have lost that connection now as well.

Any help appreciated.... I hate being techno-incompetent. What cords do I put where, if it's even possible, and what should my Magix setup be?

Thanks!
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want to play and sample then you just want jacks out of your soundcard in to the ms...if you want to transfer ready made samples and loops you use USB and the librariansoftware....
Hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can't play a WAV file from Magix into the Korg and capture it using the Global "Audio In" key while it plays?

I saw something on UTube where a guy had connected a MIDI machine to his Korg, and the machine was playing a backing track of some sort. He captured it into the Korg and then sampled it. He didn't actually use any software to do this (I don't think!)
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest from the sounds of it either I don't really understand what you want to do or you really need to read the manual and learn the basics.
Hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reading the manual religiously, believe me. It's just that there is very little on using the Korg with other inputs, like PCs or MIDI equipment.

All I really want to do is have the Korg import sound samples from other software programs and I don't know if it's possible. For now I will use the librarian software, which seems very simplistic.

Thanks for writing....
3sleeves

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get any other software to speak to the Korg, but I find the sample librarian editor functions to be sufficient for my purposes. It's sort of like the basic wave editing capabilities that the Boss SP-505 had only on your computer and in full color. I sample from FL Studio via the line in on the Korg then immediately import that sample from the Korg into the librarian to finely chop. That process can fill a bank with 36 quality samples and chops in just a couple of minutes. That's quite an improvement to the half hour or better I used to spend with the SP-505 to chop just 16 samples. I kind of see this as a scaled down ASR10 with more memory and less keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: