Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory size with the MicroSampler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Memory size with the MicroSampler Reply with quote

What are everyone's thoughts on the memory size? Is it enough for you? How many complete songs can you put together and carry to a gig, assuming you have maybe 10 different samples of 4-8 bars for each song?

I konw how the memory banks are set up, but haven't yet worked out how this translates into actual live usage.

Thanks.
3sleeves

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can have about 5 minutes of sample data spread across 36 keys in each bank at 24khz...with those samples you can record 16 patterns of 99 measures each. That should be more than enough space to keep you busy at a gig for 3 hours or more. You can always play samples in Keyboard mode too, so if you just sequence drum patterns and bass lines you can improvise on top of them easily. Having a laptop handy to load banks into it is crucial though...not completely necessary, but definitely helpful. In fact, combined with a laptop (with only the Sample Librarian and a good media player) this makes a beastly, gig-ready workstation.
ssdd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having some trouble with my memory, unless I'm not understanding something

So I've cleared all the samples out of each of the banks and I've filled up one bank 2/3rds of the way with samples that are about 5s long each. But I'm getting a memory full error message... its really weird

I have a library of short wav loops I made, and I'm putting them on there with the microsampler editor. I convert all the samples to 24khz.

Going crazy over here, if anyone has any advice that would be great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: