Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pumpkin King - October 09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Pumpkin King - October 09 Reply with quote

Since I'm not totally sure when I'll be completely finished with my one song on garageband, I'll just have it posted up next month, hopefully along with another song done on my Triton Extreme...though my TE is somewhat broken right now. The pitch bending thing isn't working right, which kinda sucks. Hopefully I can fix it.

Anyways, I still have two songs finished.

This one is one of my garageband projects for my music class - http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8269713

And this one is a keyboard solo I recorded about a year ago. I thought I might as well post it up. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8269786
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the rhythmic elements that kick in on the first song, the intro seemed long, but it's not finished to maybe you'll be changing it up more anyway.
album cover
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks george.

And actually that song is finished. What I meant to say was I'll try to post up my other project next month along with another one hopefully.

I know that song is short, but the requirements were for it to be 2-3 minutes long along with other things such as uses of loops, automation, etc. (for my electronic music class). And yeah I know I could add to it, I only worked on it for like an hour and a half. But I still liked it enough to post it up.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked this.
I thought the piano was a bit quiet at first, or maybe the rain noise too loud. the rain is upfront at first which is good, but it stays upfront and kinda kills the piano.

the second half was quite cool, I wanted it to go on for a bit longer. I personally tend to find fade-outs a kinda cop-out from writing a decent ending, but its still cool Smile
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somewhat agree with the beginning. I did create the song fairly quickly, so I didn't spend as much time mastering the song. I think I would maybe decrease the volume on the rain.

And I also agree with the ending. I don't like the idea of fading out songs either. I would say that ending songs is one of my weak points, it always seems to happen in most of my electronic songs. It's like most of my electronic songs would work better if they were looped. It probably has to do with my influences from video game music. But then again, in this song I meant to fade it out.
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the fade out, I have found that a fade out is sometimes more acceptable if you do something unexpected at the end and then fade that out rather than the usual repeating chorus or theme. However, there is much to gain from listening to the ends of songs you find inspirational or that are within your genre and then take those ideas and experiment with some of the ideas that come from your research and tinkering.
album cover
joet63

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pumpkin King, with an air of suspence at the beginning, and funk in the middle, it's so cool. Like X-Trade said the rain is a bit loud, but the piano could be turned up eh! Fade-outs are cool man, you can simply just fade it out. I like.

Nice funky tune mate well done.

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks joe.

The thing about the piano is that its volume sounded just right after the rain part. So, that being the case, I would think that the rain is too loud. But then again, I liked the atmosphere that the rain created, so I dunno. And the fade outs can be cool, but it just doesn't really conclude the song. And I know that. But I meant to do it in this song, and for my future songs I will try to not do that and try to use george's advice (thanks btw).
joet63

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries mate the rain sounded cool as well as the whole song, it was really nice to listen to, and George's advice is usually spot on.

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: