Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Creating Styles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shazb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Help with Creating Styles Reply with quote

Hello all, I recently purchased a used Korg PA and I am amazed with the sound that it produces. Luckily, the person that I bought this from had some styles already built in that helped. But I think I would like to create my own.

I am going through the manual right now, although I understand the concept of styles, I was wondering if there is any help that can take me through the steps of creating styles on the keyboard or on a computer and then transferring it the keyboard.

Also what kind of software available out there that I can use to create styles. I am working with Adobe Auditions but I am not sure how can I create or actually save a file as a *.sty file that can be used on the keyboard.

Thanks for your help

Shaz
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaz

You will need some MIDI skills to create your styles. Maybe a good PC sequencer or, if you can find one, a Yamaha QY700 or similar.
If you are not familiar with MIDI you may find sites like this useful (plus there is a lot on "youtube"):-
http://www.recordingeq.com/EQ/req0600/midi1.htm
I am not familiar with the PA50 but assume that you can "import/load" MIDI data into a style and that there is a "Style Creation" mode on the keyboard.
I am not aware of any software which can be used to directly create ".STY" files

You will not be able to produce any styles using Adobe Audition which is primarily for Audio and (some video) editing - not MIDI.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
rajieve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shazb,
you can get number of styles from download sections. Net is full of style too. Pa 50 is good instrument - seat with your instrument along with manual. You will enjoy it. May be at first you start modifying the available styles to understand the basics.
WBRgds,
rajieve
Shazb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Rajieve and Karmathanever for your responses.

This helps alot.

Shaz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: