Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARO introduces the first M3 libraries, KEP1M364 & KEP2M
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockfeller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interested in the Wurlitzer sound.
Are there any dry wurlitzer sound in the collection? In a demo there is a lot chorus for my taste. I play jazz and I need e very dry wurly. Can You put some more demos of the wurlitzer?

Can I use paypal for the payment?
oasys76

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: KARO introduces the first M3 libraries, KEP1M364 & K Reply with quote

PeterJung-IKT wrote:
Dear all,

We at KARO are proud to present our first M3 libraries. Having started with sound design for the OASYS in 2006 we decided to start adapting several of our well-known OASYS libaries to the marvellous KORG M3.

And today we would like to make a small Christmas present to all KORG M3 users seeking new sounds: We ported our KEP1 and KEP2 electric and electronic piano libraries to the M3. The new KEP1M364 contains Rhodes Mk1 and Rhodes Mk2 sounds as well as sounds of the YAMAHA GS-1 vintage synthesizer. The new KEP2M364 complements these sounds by our Wurlitzer and YAMAHA CP-70 sounds.

Both libraries do not require any memory extension, we succeeded in fitting the sounds in the pre-installed 64 MB of RAM being available in the RAM1 bank of the M3.

Both the KEP1M364 and the KEP2M364 will be available for download in the coming days, each for only 29 EUR. Moreover, we will provide a couple of feature demos in MP3 format.

We hope that you will like our KEP1M364 and KEP2M364 libraries.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Best wishes,
Peter

Hi KARO `s,

I wish you good success with the new sample expansion for the m3 Very Happy

Oasys76
PeterJung-IKT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockfeller wrote:
I'm very interested in the Wurlitzer sound.
Are there any dry wurlitzer sound in the collection? In a demo there is a lot chorus for my taste. I play jazz and I need e very dry wurly. Can You put some more demos of the wurlitzer?

Can I use paypal for the payment?

Hi rockfeller,

thanks for your message. The WURLI package consists of four multisamples, three of which are clean and can be used to fullfill your needs. The fourth multisample has an effect included. So, a dry wurlitzer is not a problem at all. Let me know if you have further questions.

Paypal will also work.

Best wihses,
Peter
PeterJung-IKT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: KEP libs ready Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Hi Peter,

I think the Program names should be something like:

Rhodes1 var 1
Rhodes1 var 2
etc

Rhodes2 var 1
Rhodes2 var 2
etc

Wurlitzer var 1
Wurlitzer var 2
etc

GS1 var 1
GS1 var 2
etc

Ideally you should explain what each variant does. e.g Var 1 = Room reverb, Var 2 = Hall reverb, Var 3 = Chorus, Var 4 = Rotary speaker or whatever.

Then if you want my other suggestion, I think you should provide:

a) one set of different PCG's for people with 64 Mb RAM (in which case they make a choice of which PCG they load), \

b) another PCG that loads all the Programs and samples from KEP1M364 (192 Mbytes)

c) another PCG that loads all the programs and samples from KEP2M364 (128 Mbytes)

d) a final PCG that loads all programs and samples from both KEP1M364 and KEP2M364 (320 Mbytes).

If you can do this, I will buy both sets !

Best regards,
Rob

Dear Rob,
dear all,

Happy New Year!

We are done with the new version of the KEP library packages and Oliver is about to upload the new versions of the libs.

We have

a) one set of different PCG's for people with 64 Mb RAM (in which case they make a choice of which PCG they load),

b) another PCG that loads all the Programs and samples from KEP1M364

c) another PCG that loads all the programs and samples from KEP2M364

d) a final PCG that loads all programs and samples from both KEP1M364 and KEP2M364,

just as you suggested. Also, the sound names have been updated to make the sound selection a bit more intuitive, just like you suggested.

Let me give some more details below:

The KEP1M364 library package is a compilation of four single libraries,
• RHODES1 (RHODES1.PCG, RHODES1.KSC, RHODES1.SNG),
• RHODES2 (RHODES2.PCG, RHODES2.KSC, RHODES2.SNG),
• GS_1 (GS_1.PCG, GS_1.KSC, GS_1.SNG) and
• KEP1 (KEP1.PCG, KEP1.KSC, KEP1.SNG)
RHODES1 is based on four multisamples of a Fender Rhodes MkII electric piano, having a total size of approximately 57 MB. It comprises thirteen programs and five short demo sequences. RHODES1 fits in every KORG M3.
RHODES2 is based on four multisamples of a Fender Rhodes MkI electric piano, having a total size of approximately 57 MB. It comprises five programs and four short demo sequences. RHODES2 fits in every KORG M3.
GS_1 is based on four multisamples of the well-known YAMAHA GS-1 preset FM synthesizer, having a total size of approximately 61 MB. It comprises eleven programs and two short demo sequences. GS_1 fits in every KORG M3.
KEP1 joins the three libraries, RHODES1, RHODES2 and GS_1. It consists of all twelve multisamples, all twenty-nine programs and all eleven demo sequences. Since the twelve multisamples require a total memory of approx. 175 MB, KEP1 will only fit in such KORG M3 synthesizers which have a 256 MB RAM extension.

The KEP2M364 library package is a compilation of three single libraries,
• CP_70 (CP_70.PCG, CP_70.KSC, CP_70.SNG),
• WURLI (WURLI.PCG, WURLI.KSC, WURLI.SNG) and
• KEP2 (KEP2.PCG, KEP2.KSC, KEP2.SNG)
CP_70 is based on three multisamples of a YAMAHA CP-70 electric baby grand piano, having a total size of approximately 57 MB. It comprises five programs and three short demo sequences. CP_70 fits in every KORG M3.
WURLI is based on four multisamples of a Wurlitzer 200A electric piano, having a total size of approximately 61 MB. It comprises seven programs and one short demo sequence. WURLI fits in every KORG M3.
KEP2 joins the two libraries, CP_70 and WURLI. It consists of all seven multisamples, all twelve programs and all four demo sequences. Since the seven multisamples require a total memory of approx. 118 MB, KEP2 will only fit in such KORG M3 synthesizers which have a 256 MB RAM extension.

The KEP12M3 library package, consisting of KEP12.PCG, KEP12.KSC and KEP12.SNG, joins the KEP1 and KEP2 single libaries and it is delivered to our customers who decided to buy both the KEP1M364 and KEP2M364 library packages.
KEP12 consists of all nineteen multisamples, all forty-one programs and all fifteen demo sequences. Since the nineteen multisamples require a total memory of approx. 293 MB, KEP12 will only fit in such KORG M3 synthesizers which have a 256 MB RAM extension.

In addition, I would like to mention that our grand piano library will be released in a few days. The KGP1M364 library package is a compilation of three single libraries,
• STEINWAY (STEINWAY.PCG, STEINWAY.KSC, STEINWAY.SNG),
• B_DORFER (B_DORFER.PCG, B_DORFER.KSC, B_DORFER.SNG) and
• KGP1 (KGP1.PCG, KGP1.KSC, KGP1.SNG)
STEINWAY is based on two multisamples of a Steinway Model D grand piano, having a total size of approximately 64 MB. It comprises fifteen programs and four short demo sequences. STEINWAY fits in every KORG M3.
B_DORFER is based on two multisamples of a Bösendorfer Imperial 290 grand piano, having a total size of approximately 63 MB. It comprises fourteen programs and three short demo sequences. B_DORFER fits in every KORG M3.
KGP1 joins the two libraries, STEINWAY and B_DORFER. It consists of all four multisamples, all twenty-nine programs and all seven demo sequences. Since the four multisamples require a total memory of approx. 127 MB, KGP1 will only fit in such KORG M3 synthesizers which have a 256 MB RAM extension.

Thank you so much for your valuable comments and for your patience. I hope you will like them.

Best wishes,
Peter
PeterJung-IKT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Finally: KARO updates our KEP1M3 and KEP2M3 libraries Reply with quote

Dear all,

To whom it may concern as we might say Wink.

Allow me to let you know that we finally managed to update our electric piano libs KEP1M3 and KEP2M3 today.

Allow me to refer you to

http://www.karo-sounds.com/webm3/pdf/m3electric%20_pianos_info.pdf

for further info.

Plesae do not hesitate to let me know your comments and feedback at your earliest convenience.

Have a great time!

Best wishes,
Peter
MinorKey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for reviving this ancient topic.
Can you still buy these libraries somewhere? I got an M3 recently, but from what I see on the karo-sounds.com web site it's already too late for me to get these sounds.
Many thanks.

• Korg M3 Xpanded 61 + EXB-M256 & EXB-FW
  • Yamaha Motif XF6 + FL1024M

Past:

• Korg M50 61
  • Korg TR 61 + EXB-SMPL & 64MB RAM
szurcio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed KARO twice asking about any possibility of buying M3 sound libraries. Both emails were ignored (no response whatsoever). Not a good way to treat customers - does it cost much to write, for example "no, we are not selling them any longer."
MinorKey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

szurcio wrote:
I emailed KARO twice asking about any possibility of buying M3 sound libraries. Both emails were ignored (no response whatsoever). Not a good way to treat customers - does it cost much to write, for example "no, we are not selling them any longer."

Sad to hear this. Oh well, maybe no Karo Rhodes for us then...

• Korg M3 Xpanded 61 + EXB-M256 & EXB-FW
  • Yamaha Motif XF6 + FL1024M

Past:

• Korg M50 61
  • Korg TR 61 + EXB-SMPL & 64MB RAM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: