Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More than one effect at a time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spock or Jim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: More than one effect at a time Reply with quote

Working my way through my new Korg MS.

I get a nice reverb effect going on and it's sweet. I save it and write to a bank on the MS.

I turn it off for the night and come back coz now I want to add some sweet ring modulation.

Tell me Korg users...why does it suddenly change to ring modulation and leave all my juicy reverb behind?

Are you not able to use more than one effect at a time even if you saved the other one? I don't believe it.

Thanks in advance.
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: More than one effect at a time Reply with quote

Spock or Jim wrote:
Working my way through my new Korg MS.

I get a nice reverb effect going on and it's sweet. I save it and write to a bank on the MS.

I turn it off for the night and come back coz now I want to add some sweet ring modulation.

Tell me Korg users...why does it suddenly change to ring modulation and leave all my juicy reverb behind?

Are you not able to use more than one effect at a time even if you saved the other one? I don't believe it.

Thanks in advance.

I personally don't have an MS, but im guessing that effects are processed in real time, with only one effect available- 'saving' the effect just makes it so the next time you open it it will open with that effect.
Themaktima

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That´s true; there´s only one effect you can use at a time. You can choose to route your sample through this effect by setting the fx/sw switch, or to leave it dry.
However, you can always resample with the effect applied, thus adding the effect permanently to the playback. Add another effect and resample again - there´s your reverb plus ring mod. Set the sample parameter FX POS to MST FX to enable this.
You can also sample applying an effect to the incoming audio signal directly. You´ll have to set the FX POS to "Audio in" instead.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say, but the MS does not have the multi effect capabilities of like an Electribe ESX. This has been my reason for not wanting a MS. FOr the price being higher than an ESX I would expect that the MS have more than one effect chain. Now this doesn't mean that I think the MS is bad; from what I have seen the MS is pretty amazing at sampling, but not amazing enough to justify the price.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
FranzK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Sad to say, but the MS does not have the multi effect capabilities of like an Electribe ESX. This has been my reason for not wanting a MS. FOr the price being higher than an ESX I would expect that the MS have more than one effect chain. Now this doesn't mean that I think the MS is bad; from what I have seen the MS is pretty amazing at sampling, but not amazing enough to justify the price.

Remember, the ESX was $700 when it first came out,
it came down in price a few years later.

It "feels more expensive" than most of the recent "groove products",
and probably costs more to manufacture

IMO it's the best KORG ever made,
and deserves an updated sequel!

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: