Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

live set up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glynbob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: live set up Reply with quote

Hi All!

Just wanted some advice please?

Ill be playing my 1st live gig in April and i was wondering how my set up would go together playing to a live audience through a PA system. All my music is stored on my PC as i work with royalty free loops to create tracks through the PC sequencer.

My set up is an m50 workstation, KP3, Novation Xiosynth running through a Novation 2/4 audio interface. How would i play my tracks from the computer? Ive got a basic laptop laptop but i dont really want to have to rely on that live even though i would be just streaming tracks.

Would i be able to use an mp3 player or equivalent to play my tracks from that and play the m50, kp3 etc live over the top? Also does anyone know much about the Tonium Pacemaker? Ive been reading about it, would this be ok to play my tracks through a PA while i concentrate on the m50, kp3?

I suppose it will be like a DJ set with the odd synth line and kp3 effects thrown in, id just like to know how i would set it all up to play and what would be the best instruments/hardware combination to play together. It's my 1st gig and stressing me out! I would like to keep it simple if possible. Im fine at home but setting everything up to play live is a different board game.

Many Thanks
All advice is appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: