Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AKAI ipk25/synthstation 25 AND microsampler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: AKAI ipk25/synthstation 25 AND microsampler Reply with quote

i want this....

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2010/01/16/namm-2010-akai-ipk25-synth-station-demo/

could be the perfect partner for the microsampler....for a start the ipod docks nicely, unlike the pointless holes in the microsampler (are you listening korg???? my ipod just falls over if trying to sample from it when in the microsampler slot?!?). so you could have s sturdy cradle for ipod then run the out in to microsampler. but more exciting is that with this going in to the microsampler you could have synths, mellotrons, pianos etc, all portable, to record melodies in to the microsampler, or accompany it in a live setting...which makes me less pissed about the poor 'keyboard' mode on the microsampler.....depending on a few details i think they could be great together.....apparently they've released the code, so most 'serious' music making apps on the ipod will surely support this in looming updates.....could be amazing and mean many wont have to lug laptops to gigs anymore, depending on the future software that utilises it....

Last edited by beatifictatter on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKAI I think you mean.

Looks good & the projected price point is excellent.

However on reading up on Matrixsynth I see that the product release may not be as cut & dried as the video implied as there is a rumoured problem with license etc.

Hopefully will get sorted & we'll see it this year.

Dolphin already have it listed at £79 - slightly premature I think....

Rolling Eyes
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, yeah, akai....i'll ammend

i only found out about it today, not heard anything about the issues you mention....hopefully it'll sort itself out and drop pretty soon.

if it works well then you cant really go wrong with something that gives all the app power of iphone/touch some serious size keys....pretty excited about it....
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a look. seems like that matrixsynth thread is unfounded....

the ipk25 has vanished because they've just rebranded it synthstation 25:

http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/akai-synthstation-25--71045
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh jolly good show!

Renaming a good idea - was a bit similar to their other product names.

I await the first review with interest.

I don't actually NEED one but that's gearlust for you.. Twisted Evil
3sleeves

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the good people at Intua allow BeatMaker to work with it then it'll practically be and MPC (minus a few features). The keys in this video look like the original MicroKORG keys though, which were a bit springy for velocity sensitive. I suppose at that price and with that compatibility it could be excused. I feel you on the gearlust...it's a curse. Definitely a piece to consider for gigs!
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, if beatmaker etc take the code in to their app it'll be a very handy bit of kit indeed....
and for that price you can't really complain if it gives you an increasing amount of ipod soundbanks/synths etc in such a (considering everything the itouch does besides music apps) cheap and portable package....

i told my girlfriend the microsampler was last thing i'd buy for a while, but gearlust is upon me, again! and i'm dying for the OP-1 to come out, anyone seen it? to me it seems like what a truly forward thinking company can do with the concept of the microsampler....thay've taken that idea and just ran for the hills with it....sick.

check it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKUgNOa5RX0&feature=related

slightly off-topic: anyone know the best multitrack recorder itouch/phone app to use that can import beatmaker exports? not for 'finished' work, i just sometimes get ideas for vocal melodies etc for a beatmaker project and want to get rough sketches down....or maybe i can do that in beatmaker? can i overdub a vocal over a complete song in there? i've had it a while but only started putting my own samples in last week, and it's come alive since then, i love it.[/url]
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP-1 is where KORG SHOULD have gone with the MS. Would definitely support the concept if the engineering is up to scratch - & it's priced sensibly.

Oh btw - Gearlust resulted in an EBow coming to live in my studio this week! Now I need more effects pedals......Twisted Evil
3sleeves

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Just checked out the OP-1 and I really hope it doesn't cost an arm & a leg. That looks like a rugged little powerhouse for sure. Never heard of Teenage Engineering before, but they have a cool website.

Lloyd - EBows are awesome...I like how it sounds on a bass with some tape echo and reverb added.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP-1 is reported to be in the $700-$1000 range. Seems way to pricey, even at $700.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2010/01/15/teenage-engineering-op-1-off-the-vaporware-list-is-awesome-pricey-and-a-work-in-progress/
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatifictatter wrote:
just had a look. seems like that matrixsynth thread is unfounded....

the ipk25 has vanished because they've just rebranded it synthstation 25:

http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/akai-synthstation-25--71045

I think that dv247 just is confused. Synthstation is the software that runs on the iPhone/iPodTouch. The IPK25 is the hardware keyboard controller that runs with the Synthstation software. The software will be available in the appstore for download separately. If you wait to buy the IPK25, it will include a free download of the app. At least that's what the AKAI reps were saying at NAMM.
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm price could make or brk it.

3Sleeves - Ebow is a wild animal - destroyed the dog's hearing with it already...

Just got a dl-8 looper so will try it out on my bass guitar, cheers
timeistight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:

I think that dv247 just is confused. Synthstation is the software that runs on the iPhone/iPodTouch. The IPK25 is the hardware keyboard controller that runs with the Synthstation software. The software will be available in the appstore for download separately. If you wait to buy the IPK25, it will include a free download of the app. At least that's what the AKAI reps were saying at NAMM.

No, Synthstation is the software that runs on the iPhone/iPodTouch; Synthstation 25 is now the hardware keyboard controller that runs with the Synthstation software.

I don't know why they changed the name at the last minute, but they did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: