Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Studio Does Not Transmit Midi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momsfudge59

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Triton Studio Does Not Transmit Midi Reply with quote

Hello,

I just purchased a used Triton that is not transmitting midi on any channel. I have tried everything I know. Is there "hidden" midi setting I could be missing?

Thanks,

Mark
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
Try using a short midi cable to see if that solves the problem. There is a known issue with a certain amount of Triton Studio's which don't have enough power on the Midi Out.

Regards
Sharp.
KMP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apparently have on of those Studios as well. Is there any sort of accepted fix for this problem?
KMP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally got around to addressing this problem. I called an authorized Korg parts vendor that had access to the Korg dealer website, and he found the engineering notes detailing the fix. It involves taking the TS's main board/pan out, cutting a circuit trace on the midi jack circuit board, and soldering a jumper to an IC on the board to another board inside. The issue is that from the factory, the early TS's had low MIDI out voltage (around 3 volts), and it should be 5 volts. My TS would transmit midi, check out in the internal diagnostics, but would run some MIDI ins and not others. Now it works on all my gear!
JohnDonovan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KMP & Sharp,

Can you give me any more info on this as a known problem. My Triton Studio seems to have this problem but Korg UK's support say they've never heard of it. So I'm trying to find some firm info to send them about the problem and indeed the fix KMP describes - if you have a copy of the engineering notes you could e-mail over that would be really useful.

Many thanks,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: