Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MR1000 & 2000S file numbering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fidel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: MR1000 & 2000S file numbering Reply with quote

Hi
Does somebody know how to set the recorder file manager starting from any running number, instead of the pending one from last instance?
From Audiogate it's possible to rename the file afterwards, but I would appreciate to early allocate my numberring rules ... Rolling Eyes
flutist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the trick!

1°/ connect the MR2000S to the PC by the cable USB
2°/ show the contents of the hard disk the recorder in a window
3°/ select and delete the file "MRpm.sys"
4°/ empty the basket
5°/ use the function "remove the peripheral safely"
6°/ switch off, then switch on the device which recreates then a new system file.

Attention, however: the parameters of the device are also reset (it is useful to have registred a PRESET FILE previously).
It is possible that it prevents the realization of a PLAYLIST (impossibility to place 2 recordings there with the same name), but I did not verify it.
It would explain maybe why he(it) not there no function(office) of discount(delivery) to zero.
We shall see if KORG proposes a solution in the next version of the OS.

Et voilà!
Mberg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: File counter in MR1000 Reply with quote

Thanks Flutist Wink
But this is to "complicated" and I don't like to go this way just to have control on my file number. I think all my file counters go to zero after I push "factory reset" on my Korg MR1000. I just like to continue from last file number. Not from zero.
Korg MUST make a solution in the next version of the OS.
drumhead57

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flutist wrote:
Here is the trick!

1°/ connect the MR2000S to the PC by the cable USB
2°/ show the contents of the hard disk the recorder in a window
3°/ select and delete the file "MRpm.sys"
4°/ empty the basket
5°/ use the function "remove the peripheral safely"
6°/ switch off, then switch on the device which recreates then a new system file.

Attention, however: the parameters of the device are also reset (it is useful to have registred a PRESET FILE previously).
It is possible that it prevents the realization of a PLAYLIST (impossibility to place 2 recordings there with the same name), but I did not verify it.
It would explain maybe why he(it) not there no function(office) of discount(delivery) to zero.
We shall see if KORG proposes a solution in the next version of the OS.

Et voilà!

Hi Flute, I tried this recently on my MR-2000S BK and it didn't work. A factory reset didn't do it either. I wonder what other procedure might work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: