Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Sound on Sound.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pairoj

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: I got it !!! Reply with quote

pgounas wrote:
Pairoj That was very helpful thanks!!! Very Happy

Anyway Sound On Sound it was just what i expected. Capture your ideas right now & make them sound like a complete song. I dont know if i will transfer some data to my DAW but it is that what i needed. Not just a recorder with my guitar & voice. My group members from now on will hear more complete ideas

I'll come back with some samples
Panos

You're welcome.

I already tested my 16GB Sandisk microSDHC with SOS v.1.05. I could record until the card was full (of course, 6-hr limit per song).

I'm still looking for new firmware to fix SD compatibility problem with my Kingston card (I am curious why Korg didn't make SOS that compatible with the leading SD manufacturers such as Sandisk and Kingston at the first version.) O.o
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my new machine functions as intended, and I absolutely love it. Sorry to say I have no proper DAW-soft yet, but in time...

As to remarks about SD-compatilbility;
The card supplied with my SOS is a 2Gb Kingston...or did I mix it up with another card of mine?

My new rock-band
My new duo's homepage - mostly in norwegian, but give it a go
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update;

As earlier reported, my new SR-1 functions great, meaning it does what it is intended to do when I want it to do it.
My first SoS had some problems, hanging, not booting, etc. and I have gotten this confirmed by EM - the norwegian distributor.
I do not know if this was a single machine-error (mine only), but FWIW the serial-number on my first SoS was 006268...just in case some other user have problems with their and the serial is close to mine, in case of line-manufacturing errors.
My new one, s.nr: 008261 works perfect...not one single glitch this far.
And ... I love it!
Tnx Korg.

My new rock-band
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pgounas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Lately i have some "cardbusy" messages during recording but who cares..... This thing is really what i needed. Yesterday i've connected to the line in ; the line out of my Roland cube street in which i have already cabled in the first line my TC Helicon Correct & Create voice pedals & in the second my pedalboard with all my guitar effects & the recording was really nice Smile. I really don't bother with the effects. If you need pro recordings you should have a DAW and other studio equipment. If you need a guitar multi effects try a Digitech - Line 6 - Vox etc .........

Here are a couple of samples that i have promised. There are an one try recordings - on the fly.... Don't pay attention to the lyrics Wink. I cut it with the korg audio utility that is very poor software but i need only 3 things : 1. divide to cut the first seconds breaths - noises 2. Fade out 3. Limit db if in the recording i passed the line ( I said for not pro recordings)

http://www.2shared.com/audio/80GF_H4F/evelasting.html

http://www.2shared.com/audio/kgpXJ58y/Bring_you_back.html

I love it too Wings...
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey pgounas!

Would love to hear your cuts, but your link is leading to a site that will charge med 8,50 euro in order to download it...and sorry dude...I wouldn't pay that money even for a bootleg Uriah Heep. Laughing

Wanna try to find another site for your upload, or was this intentional?

My new rock-band
pgounas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wings wrote:
Hey pgounas!

Would love to hear your cuts, but your link is leading to a site that will charge med 8,50 euro in order to download it...and sorry dude...I wouldn't pay that money even for a bootleg Uriah Heep. Laughing

Wanna try to find another site for your upload, or was this intentional?

There is a message : Save file to your pc. I've tried it & everything ok. Please recommend any other....
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...sorry...eyesight is not quite as it used to be. Shocked
Listening to your cuts now...and bravo!
Very nice tunes... "Bring you back" reminds me somewhat of Gallagher'ish music... (Oasis)
Intro to "Everlasting" is quite close to "Stairway to Heaven", but all similarities end there. Very nice composition, good balance, maybe voice could do with a little bit more volume/gain.
Kinda mellow voice/tunes...nice1!

My new rock-band
pgounas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wings wrote:
Ah...sorry...eyesight is not quite as it used to be. Shocked
Listening to your cuts now...and bravo!
Very nice tunes... "Bring you back" reminds me somewhat of Gallagher'ish music... (Oasis)
Intro to "Everlasting" is quite close to "Stairway to Heaven", but all similarities end there. Very nice composition, good balance, maybe voice could do with a little bit more volume/gain.
Kinda mellow voice/tunes...nice1!

Ok i was worried. Thanks for the comments. You understood some of my influences Wink as Oasis & Zeppelin are in the list . Anyway that's how SOS can help us make our ideas come true in 15'-20' minutes

Next step for me is to test Loop function. Any reviews - help?

Hey guys keep posting !!!!
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as loop goes, haven't really tried it, just briefly...and of course it works.
One pointer (as I am sure you already know) set your internal clock rec.opt. to measures and beats (for synch.purposes), as opposed to minutes - seconds. Smile

Post when you've got new tracks plz.

My new rock-band
johannes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest update version 1.0.5 has been released. "This update adds some minor improvements including: better SD card compatibility, improvement to the noise level in auto mode and higher speaker output when using an external PSU."

I updated my recorder a few minutes ago. I had problems with 4gb SanDisk card e.g I couldn't set power off - must remove batteries on each time. After updating it works well.

Download it here and open Downloads page: http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=566#ContentTabsContainer

There's update instructions on PDF file, too.

-Johannes
Baseblue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

I'am seriously thinking about purchasing the SOS but there two important questions for me:

- is it possible to alter the volume of a specific instrument track after having recorded it? I mean is there any possibility of of getting access to the stuff I recorded in the SOS (without using DAW?)

- is there a possibility of muting other tracks (e.g. Lead Vocal track) if I want to record a second, third and/or fourth vocal track? I personally find it quite tricky to sing another vocal track if I hear the other voices while I am recording (I know...quite a weakness of myself)

Thanks in advance for answers/help!
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know; no.

Even though the Sos is an advanced recorder, it will not replace a studio.
However, if you have a computer and a basic musicprogram that can read wav, all you ask about can be done.
Within the Sos the editing-possibilities are quite limited once you have recorded the track.

My new rock-band
johannes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baseblue wrote:
Hi Everybody,
- is there a possibility of muting other tracks (e.g. Lead Vocal track) if I want to record a second, third and/or fourth vocal track? I personally find it quite tricky to sing another vocal track if I hear the other voices while I am recording (I know...quite a weakness of myself)

I 'mute' that vocal track by cutting it from the memory card and export it to my PC. The music program is needed anyway for mixing (for adjusting volume between tracks and panning etc). I use Audacity (freeware), because it is versatile and easy to use.
Baseblue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear johannes and wings,

Thanks for your kind replies. I am meanwhile a proud owner of a SOS and the tool is really nice.
I have one further question: If you record a track via the internal Mic the device will always record the sound of pressing the stop-button after the recording as well.
Is there a way to avoid that or do I simply miss something?

Thanks for your efforts and your replies in advance!
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will record the "noise" produced by pressing any button...simply because pressing the button signals to stop THERE and not "two seconds ago".
The only way to minimize this is to use an external microphone via the "mic-in" -plug, or edit the track on your computer afterwards. Wink

My new rock-band
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: