Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound Editor Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWalrus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Sound Editor Issues Reply with quote

I've tried to get the PX5D Sound Editor to work on 2 computers now without success. Both have XP, 1 is 64bit, the other 32bit. I get the same unsolvable situation on both machines "Dump receive is not available." I assume this is my issue, but how do I fix it?

The SE program looks OK & I am able to write to the Chain, etc.
The computer sees the Pandora & all drivers say it is functioning.
I've tried USB send & reveive modes without any luck.

Is there any step by step instruction available anywhere? It sure looks like this should be plug & play when I look at the YouTube demo, but I'm feeling kinda lost at the moment. Please help save what's left of my sanity!
TheWalrus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since nobody has commented, am I to assume that the Sound Editor program is working fine for everyone else?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you run the install utility for the KORG drivers?

Because of the way windows assigns the drivers, you have to run the utility put in Start > Programs > Korg USB-MIDI Driver or similar. The actual installer only puts the files on your system, whilst the 'install' utility in the start menu will associated the drivers with the device, otherwise windows tries to use its own drivers which will cause things not to work.

That is assuming the Pandora uses the USB-MIDI driver, which I think it does. I don't actually own one.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
TheWalrus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed the drivers & still no luck. Maybe I'm not using it correctly? Shouldn't I be able to hear the chains & presets I'm setting up?
TheWalrus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly enough after 3 or 4 re-installs all magically begin to work and this is even on my 64bit XP machine. Go Figure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: