Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keyboard komuso

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: MIDI Issues Reply with quote

Anyone else having problems with MIDI. I hooked my SV 1 into my system and installed the MIDI drivers. I have the SV1 on MIDI ch 1. I can play it ok in Digital Performer, but whenever I stop a track and start it again, there is a MIDI signal sent to the RX noises making them very loud. I go in and manually lower them, but when I hit play again in Digital Performer, the noises are back up to a very high level. Any ideas?
ericrood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your Digital Performer send some reset controller commands when you restart, causing the RX noise level to reset to old value. When you save the edited sound (with low RX noise level) in one of the favorite patches, I expect the reset won’t occur.

The reason that you hear the RX noises very loud is caused by an exceptional behavior of the SV-1 by using external Midi equipment. The SV-1 sends release velocity via Midi Out when releasing keys. I think your Digital Performer cannot handle this midi message and translate it to a Note on message with value 0 (= Note off). This is normal behavior, cause most midi equipment cannot transmit or receive release velocity. However, when the note off event is send back to the SV-1, the SV-1 translate this event to a release velocity with maximum value (127). This results in a very annoying and unusable click sound each time a note off is send. In my opinion this is a bug in the operating system, but the guys of Korg USA don’t agree with me.

I use an external keyboard via Midi and have the same annoying clicks. Cause I don’t want to fade the RX noises in all the patches (it's a very nice feature when you use the keyboard of the SV1), I did buy a Midi Event processor of Midi Solutions and connected it to the Midi In port of the SV1. I programmed the processor to translate Note off events to Release velocity with low values.
Bronks

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have midi-problem also, though different kind.

When I use Roland VP-7 with SV-1, I would like to know if there is a way to turn off the midi send commands from SV-1. Using rotary knobs to change sounds from SV-1 also changes the sound from VP-7.

There must be a simple solution...
angelvalverde

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: MIDI problem Reply with quote

HI, all

I am sending MIDI program change messages to the KOrg SV-1, as well as CC 7 (volume).

Both messages work ok when send separated a certain time lapse, but if they are too close, CC7 is ignored.

Tha same message when sent to a Roland module works Ok.

Looks to me like Program change takes a while to be fully performed on the SV1, and the CC7 should be sent right after that, not before.

I am using Apple's Logic and Mainstage, and its not possible for me to add that time separations between the two messages.

¿Is there any chance for the SV-1's OS to be updated to fix that?

Many thanks
a

PS: already tried with many MIDI connections, using korg USB driver and external midi interface
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: